🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two Upwork profiles with an active tracker on...
Page options
fleurian2019
Community Member

Two Upwork profiles with an active tracker on the same pc but in two different sessions with desktop

Hello, My wife and I have two different teachers. We have a war machine at home on which I manage to run 5 virtual desktop sessions simultaneously with rdesktop.

We all use chromebooks. I have a profile on Upwork and so does my wife. She used to work directly from a laptop that is no longer functional.

With her recent chromebookl she unfortunately cannot use Upwork Desktop App to track her contracts. (which is a real shame)

For specific logic we connect in remote desktop and simultaneously without problem with my children on the same server computer. 

At the moment I plan to start working full time from home and so does she. 

would it be possible to track her contract in a separate windows 10 session and me too in another windows 10 session? All at the same time? knowing that the computer shares the same physical IP address?

Please understand what I am saying because I would not like to see one of our accounts suspended. Our accounts are not shared. Not. But look at it this way.

In rdp, I'm logged into a virtual desktop session (from my chrombook) with my tracker active on a contract and she also logs in at the same time to another virtual desktop session in rdp (from her chrombook) and she launches her tracker to work on her own contract. Is this possible? 

Thank you for giving me your opinion.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Fleurian Jocelyn,

It is not a violation of Upwork TOS if you and your wife shared the same computer and IP address so long as you are working and logging in to your individual accounts. Please know that account sharing is a serious violation. Please let us know if you need further clarification. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Fleurian Jocelyn,

It is not a violation of Upwork TOS if you and your wife shared the same computer and IP address so long as you are working and logging in to your individual accounts. Please know that account sharing is a serious violation. Please let us know if you need further clarification. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne Marie.

Thank you for your response. I understood well but I would like you to take into account the parameter that we can both work at the same time, let's say in the same time slot in our respective windows sessions with each one the tracker in his session and my tracker in my session. Is this a problem?

Please excuse my English if it is not correct.

Hi Fleurian, 

We apologize for the delay. A member of the Customer Support Team will get back to you through a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I am working on multiple projects and they have conflicting configurations. I have an Azure Virtual Machine with good specs which I want to utilize so I can run the projects on different machines. Is it possible i can use upwork tracker on my VM as well as locally once at a time. 

Hi Malik,

Yes you can use the Desktop app on multiple devices. If any issues arise, our team will reach out to you directly. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I am working on multiple projects and their is a conflicting configurations/environments. I have an Azure Virtual Machine which I want to utilize for my one of the project. Can I use upwork tracker application in it to track my time and progress for client. Thanks.

Hi Malik,

While the approach you're considering isn't supported, it's not against Upwork TOS to use the Upwork Desktop app and track time via a virtual machine. However, a freelancer needs to make sure they aren't sharing their account with other people or log into other people's accounts. You should be the only person working and tracking time on Hourly contracts you were hired on.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members