🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Un-answering client
Page options
mysa21
Community Member

Un-answering client

Hi

I have a client which I was working in a project with him, he set 2 milestones and I complete them, after the 2 milestone I continue working without a milestone assuming he set it up later, but he never set it up, I have almost finished the project and sent him the almost final result, and he told me “Good. Let me review all with wife to see if there are any adjustments. Thank you” and after that he never responded to my messages again, and that was over a month ago.

On his contract the budget was $200 USD, he had paid me $100 on milestones and in the contract says Remaining $100-In escrow $000.

I'm getting the idea that I have lost $100 USD and that in the future I shouldn't work more than I'm asked for, but my problem is, if he never closes the contract what does this means to me? Am I getting a bad review because of this? What happens if I end the contract?

Thanks for your answers community.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Mysaell A wrote:

I have a client which I was working in a project with him, he set 2 milestones and I complete them, after the 2 milestone I continue working without a milestone assuming he set it up later, but he never set it up, 
On his contract the budget was $200 USD, he had paid me $100 on milestones and in the contract says Remaining $100-In escrow $000.

You were paid $ 100, and unless it's many weeks since the client last spoke to you, there is not rush to close the contract.

Mysaell A wrote:

... but my problem is, if he never closes the contract what does this means to me? A

Nothing. You can eventually close it yourself.

Mysaell A wrote:

Am I getting a bad review because of this? 

Why would the client leave a bad review unless the work was poor?

Mysaell A wrote:

What happens if I end the contract?

Nothing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members