cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open job posts

zaidimariam
Ace Contributor

Is anyone else experiencing this? Every time I click on a job post I want to apply to, Upwork just promises to be back soon because the page is temporarily unavailable.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
creativedigit
Community Guru

Here's a workaround:

a. Read the job description.

b. Close your eyes and think about what you want to write.

c. Have your lunch.

d. Take a walk.

e. Come back to the job and try again.

This should be enough time for Upwork to go "Up & Work" again.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
oquintela
Community Guru

Same issue here.

evetodew
Community Guru

I am mentally prepared to hear 'Dear Upwork contributors, due to our technical problems the past few weeks, we understood we can't maintain this platform and we're ready to close. Prepare to relocate to a platform of your choice. We're sorry for the inconvenience'. I definitely have to be not only mentally, but practically prepared for such a situation 🙂 Unlikely as it maybe looks.

Such persistant technical problems, especially on such a large scale, can get out of control very quickly. The last few weeks indicate just that. 😕

P.S. And yes, I can't open job posts too. The website goes offline now and then, the only thing I have access to is my profile, messages...

Here we go again.Can't apply to any job.

zaidimariam
Ace Contributor

I'm wondering whether I should even bother reporting the problem...

fsalas

Same issue here.

Did UpWork send out a notification that they're working on the issue at hand?

pclark

I can't get through to messages from freelancers, to see what they have said previously. It can take 10 minutes to open a single page.

Yet I read that this is all fixed. You mean it's *supposed* to be like this???

I don't have all that time to spare - that's why I am looking for freelancers, but I feel that it is time to move on.

I used to freelance for Elance, where I couldn't get any response to requests for help with a client - luckily, I didn't lose any money, but that was just luck. When I first came here (as an employer, looking for help with specific tasks, or overload), I was impressed with the messages that I got from support - written, not cut and paste. Which was great.

But I can't work with this site.

You would think with all the coders that they have access to. and the fact that their business is 100% web based, something more would have been done by now.

saydou
Community Guru

It is same here too

"We'll be right back. Promise.

Our sincere apologies, but this page is temporarily unavailable. Check back soon."

zaidimariam
Ace Contributor

They have apologized - yet again - on facebook. All Upwork seems to be doing these days is saying sorry for the inconvenience lol.

gijsbers-saskia

Same here.... 

I was reading the we fixed everything message just a second ago, thought I would see what news jobs were posted, but pages are unavailable. This must be a complete nightmare, not just for freelancers, but for people trying to hire them as well. And the Upwork team as they were finally under the impression they fixed everything!

Sigh, hope it ends soon though. Before it costs good job opportunities as people are running away from Upwork

jolash
Community Guru

Same issue here,

Just strolling through  the forum hoping it gets resolved asap so I can get back to prospecting.

Hoping it gets fixed soon.

evetodew
Community Guru

Usually in large corporations if a team fails once, they may be told off.

If they fail a second time, I don't think they have a second chance to prove their worth.

If Upwork tolerates the IT/dev team to try and solve a problem for weeks, disrupting the workflow to such an extent, I don't see a bright future there. But again, my grim visions 😕

jolash
Community Guru

Okay..seems the job postings  are back.....will try out a few transactions..coffee break is over...back to work.....

creativedigit
Community Guru

Here's a workaround:

a. Read the job description.

b. Close your eyes and think about what you want to write.

c. Have your lunch.

d. Take a walk.

e. Come back to the job and try again.

This should be enough time for Upwork to go "Up & Work" again.

View solution in original post

I've heard group visualizations are very powerful. And we have a large community...

Maybe that could save upwork...

Smiley LOL 😉

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

We have been informed by the team that this issue has been resolved. If you still experience issues, please let us know.

We apologize for the inconvenience and delays caused by the issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS