🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to reactivate PayPal as Withdrawal met...
Page options
eloddo
Community Member

Unable to reactivate PayPal as Withdrawal method

Hi!

I've been inactive on Upwork for a few years, so my withdrawal methods are inactive.

Now I'm starting to earn money again and I'd like to reactivate PayPal as a withdrawal method but the option doesn't appear when I click on "add a new method".

Could someone from the Upwork team help me?
Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
eloddo
Community Member

Thank you for your reply Luiggi,

I  do have Spanish VAT number, but it is currently deregistered, since to keep it active I would have to pay around 300 euros in taxes per month and I have been without working for several months. Furthermore, I am not obliged to have a VAT in Spain for incomes of less than 1,000 euros per month if they are occasional services. I can provide you with a document certifying that I have a Spanish VAT number. Would it be good?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Emanuela,

The reason why your withdrawal methods are showing inactive is because you haven't completed your Tax Information yet. More specifically, you're missing your Tax Identification Number.

This is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a National ID number. You may be able to find information about your country's TIN here. If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
eloddo
Community Member

Thank you for your reply Luiggi,

I  do have Spanish VAT number, but it is currently deregistered, since to keep it active I would have to pay around 300 euros in taxes per month and I have been without working for several months. Furthermore, I am not obliged to have a VAT in Spain for incomes of less than 1,000 euros per month if they are occasional services. I can provide you with a document certifying that I have a Spanish VAT number. Would it be good?

0f461341
Community Member

Hello, what if I still dont have TIN? 

Hi Erika,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members