🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Tex Id verification error
Page options
Gopi P Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery

View solution in original post

376 REPLIES 376
Vishal B Community Member

Thank you Avery O

Sahil B Community Member

I am also facing the same issue. I have deleted my Tax Identification (ID) and re-added it again. I have done that twice.  I have also been receiving my tax certificate properly from Upwork all these years at my provided PAN ID.

The added legal to your Tax Information (ID) and the Form W8-BEN both match the registered name on the PAN ID.

Sahil B Community Member

Received email, which says "We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. "
But the Tax number (PAN) is correct. What do I do? I'm in India. I have already removed my ID and resubmitted it. And, I am still receiving the same mail.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Sahil,

Please check the information that Avery shared here to learn more about how you can add your Tax information to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Meera T Community Member

Hi

do I have to submit PAN? if it is then how? please help me on this regard as i am new here.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Meera,

You will need to add a PAN in order to keep the withholding tax at 1% of your earnings. To enter your PAN, click here. To learn more about this as well, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Raj C Community Member

I need a certificate from Upwork for all Indian TDS Tax Withholding Upwork has deducted so far. Where to get this from?

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Raj,

One of our support agents just reached out to you with more information and instructions. You should receive an email notification about their message and can also access it here.
Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Siva K Community Member

Hi,
My PAN was verified.
TDS was credited from Jul 2021 to Dec 2021 so far for current financial year.
But Apr 2021 to Jun 2021 quarter is missing. Anyone got this issue?

Trisha B Community Member

I got a mail this week that they couldn't verify my PAN ID. It is an unique number designated to Indian citizens for tax proposes.

Without this verification I'd be charged 5% TDS instead of 1%. I've been using Upwork regularly for about 9 months now and never had an issue. Please fix this.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Trisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to remove your ID and then re-submit it for validation? You can update by clicking here. Please double-check your tax ID number(s). 

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Trisha B Community Member

I have tried removing and adding the PAN number, it's been more than two days as promised but it's still not verified. Please expedite the process.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Trisha,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Vineet K Community Member

I am an India based freelancer.

One of my client which is also India based is curious to know if they require to file TDS from their side. Since me as a freelancer is already subjected to 1% TDS, I am not sure if my client too needs to file TDS.

Can we get any help on this?

Vipul N Community Member

Hi, 

I have not received any Form 16 for TDS filing till date. I need the certs for the FY21 for. Please provide the same ASAP. 

Ashish A Community Member

Hi There
I have Freelancer Account as well as Agency Account.
My PAN number is verified in my Freelancer Account , recently i received an email that its not verified in my Agency Account. 
My  Legal Taxpayer Name is same in my Freelancer and Agency account as i am sole proprietor.
Same reason by PAN is going to be same in my Individual Account and Agency account
I have verified and found my informatio correct on Traces.

Looking forward for support here

Thank you

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Ankit S Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am Indian citizen and we have PAN ID as our Tax Identification. I been doing freelancing for about last 9th months and my PAN ID was verified. But few days back suddenly my PAN ID got unverfied on upowrk and a message poped up stating the same. I tried to remove and then adding it again it showed pan verifcation pending but after some days I got same message. What should I do in this situation.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Ankit S Community Member

I have gone thorugh this article and that is fine for me but the verification suddenly disappreared, and now it is not verifying. So that's issue.

Ankit S Community Member

Sir I think I got the issue, it is due to tax name on my pan card I think. Now I have changed the name to name on PAN ID and also verified it with trace. Thanks a lot for helping out.

Denis V Community Member

I am registered as a proprietor and I have GST and PAN numbers. due to proprietor, my personal PAN is my Business PAN number. but in Upwork, my PAN is not verified. Every time I add my PAN detail it gets rejected due to a miss-match name. Please give me the solution.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Denis,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Vipul N Community Member

Hi, I am raising this issue for the second time. My TDS certificates for the last financial year were not delivered and are needed for fillling the return. 

Any assisstance form UW would be appreciated.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Vipul,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members