🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to withdraw earnings
Page options
2f9f2b2a
Community Member

Unable to withdraw earnings

Having issues with withdrawing my earnings, my payment methods all appear inactive. I'm a non-US person, so I filled out the W-8BEN in the tax information, but the system still asks me to complete a W-9 form in order to withdraw my earnings. I'm wondering if I did anything incorrectly here or do I need to fill out additional information apart from what the tax information asks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Yike,

Please note that you should file a Form W-9 with Upwork only if you are a U.S person. You should file a Form W-8BEN if you’re not a U.S. taxpayer. By looking at the address on file, you will need to fill in Form W-9 in this section of your account to fill in your Tax Information. I would also recommend that you consult with a local tax advisor so that you know your obligations as a taxpayer in your country. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Yike,

Please note that you should file a Form W-9 with Upwork only if you are a U.S person. You should file a Form W-8BEN if you’re not a U.S. taxpayer. By looking at the address on file, you will need to fill in Form W-9 in this section of your account to fill in your Tax Information. I would also recommend that you consult with a local tax advisor so that you know your obligations as a taxpayer in your country. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members