🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unauthorized refund
Page options
0d4ed13e
Community Member

Unauthorized refund

Hi, last week my contract with my client got suspended I told her and she fixed it immediately. The second time, I finished my work for her for 5 hours and got suspended again but this time I got no reply from her. This morning Upwork notified me that I refunded her without my permission. Also, the tasks were done. I feel robbed 😞 Upwork should also protect freelancers from this kind of clients having trouble with their cards etc. and double checking the work before the unauthorized refund. This is so unfair.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Samera,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. Please check out this help article for more information. When this happens, first an automatic notification is sent but the team will also be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

414 REPLIES 414

You answer will be appericiated.

Now it is refund from upwork but if upwork want and check and satisfied, can they pay me and credit account yes possible how do i appeal so they check my work delivered every details and hours diary and all?

Nobody responding on ticket last 4 days. ticket # 47185404

Hi Imran,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you. I've followed up with the team handling your ticket and an agent has shared more information with you. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have additional questions. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi all hours logged properly, all chats, records and live website url, also recieved email saying "i refund the amount" , see attached. Looking for upwork to help me and check work diary and all and pay me back for the hours i worked with time tracker, memos, all chat everything on record. Please let me know if anyone experienced this, it works like they return payment to funding source and then they check hours and credit the account after refunding client? Peoples share experience kindly.

- Imran

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Member

Hi there,
I received a notification recently saying that "you sent a refund of $$ to your client". It was an hourly contract and my client were satisfied with the work and I met all criteria to qualify for hourly protection payment, then why is this happening to me? I did not initiate this refund so please tell me, how I can get back this money from my client?

I am waiting for your response.
Thanks,
Anju

Hi Anju,

I'm sorry to learn about this experience. Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. Please check out this help article for more information. 

I see that the team handling your case has reached out via email th more information about the issue and further instructions in resolving it. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team if you have questions or need any assistance with the issue; they'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi,

I have not heard back yet. Could you please let me know when this matter will be solved?

Thank you for your assistance.

~ Anju

No nothing has been solved yet.
Very disappointed with this upwork policy.
Regarding this, i will not prefer any body to use upwork.
As, i work with honestly, have upwork time tracker.
You can check.

But the payment not received yet.
Very bad service
faisal762
Community Member

I am writing to address a recent issue concerning one of my projects. The payment for this project was refunded to the client from my agency account. Upon investigating, I contacted both the client and Upwork for clarification. While I have not yet received a response from Upwork, the client informed me that there was an issue with their payment method, which has since been resolved.

Despite the resolution on the client's end, my account still reflects the refunded amount. Could you please assist in rectifying this issue and ensure the payment is correctly processed and reflected in my account?

Hi Faisal,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
941c5ac6
Community Member

Hello Pradeep, I need to file a dispute. I posted a job on August 2022 and today I got email someone logged for 10 hrs on June 2024. How can I placed a dispute? I count find anywhere. Thanks.

Hi Ami,

I am sorry to hear about the unauthorized hours logged by your freelancer. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
f1be469d
Community Member

I had been working on a contract for a client over the course of two weeks I had logged 53 hours. Nothing was overtime. Then out of nowhere they paused the contract saying they didn't plan on spending as much as it was going to be. But it shows that the charges have been refunded to them. Out of 3100 that I should had been paid for I've only received about 1200. More than 1900 has been refunded which I did not authorize. What is the point in working on upwork if clients have the ability to choose whether you receive your funds no matter what. It just leads to people trying to get free work 

Hi Luis,

I checked your account and can confirm that our team reached out to you regarding this issue. Please check your ticket here for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members