🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unresponsive Client After I completed Task
Page options
5d835742
Community Member

Unresponsive Client After I completed Task

Hello community!

I have a client close a job on me soon after I completed the work. 

I did not get any payment or any reason for the job closure. 

What if anything, can I do here?

Thanks!

(Ghosted) 😛

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you sure that you had a proper contract? The client sent you an offer on Upwork, you accepted it, and the money was in escrow? 

What kind of a website was this - were you required to give any personal details, or download anything?

I see that you've completed another suspicious-looking job in your profile history; it looks like a client hired you to write fake reviews. That kind of thing is usually a terms of service violation that can get you banned from multiple websites, and legit clients will wonder why a qualified professional would be doing that kind of thing. You should read the terms of service and go through the Academy materials about how to stay safe. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
f1785f8c
Community Member

Need more information.

Was it an hourly or fixed contract?

If hourly, were you using the time tracker to input hours.

If fixed, did you submit the work through the job link? 

That would send it for client approval and release the payment after approval.

Thanks for the reply,

It was a fixed price but probably my bad because they just sent a link in the message which I just clicked through and signed up for a website, thinking it was a simple task. Then communication just stopped and the job closed.

Yeah, you got scammed. Stay on the platform, it protects you especially in regards to payment.

Are you sure that you had a proper contract? The client sent you an offer on Upwork, you accepted it, and the money was in escrow? 

What kind of a website was this - were you required to give any personal details, or download anything?

I see that you've completed another suspicious-looking job in your profile history; it looks like a client hired you to write fake reviews. That kind of thing is usually a terms of service violation that can get you banned from multiple websites, and legit clients will wonder why a qualified professional would be doing that kind of thing. You should read the terms of service and go through the Academy materials about how to stay safe. 

It wasn't too bad. It was for a legitimate "Cash back" website that I may or may not want to use. I suspect the client got some kind of referral bonus for signing people up.

Noting what you said about the reviews. I was origionally thinking that the client was testing the review functions. 

This is why I'm starting off slow.

Thanks!

yofazza
Community Member

On a fixed-price job, you need to work only as much as the fund in the milestone. If the project says $50 but only $25 funded, you open the website and click the 'Submit Work for Payment' button, don't do the signup yet. Something like that.

Your milestone wasn't even funded, so you shouldn't do any work.

And the job is a scam as well, here's a good read.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members