cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive client

Marija N Member Since: Aug 2, 2014
1 of 3
I am relatively new to oDesk and I don't know all the options, so I am asking for advice. I have been hired for a job, and asked politely for further instructions, since the job post was a bit general. Some time has passed and I have no reply. I want to do the job, but I don't want to do a job based on assumptions. Can I end the contract myself without getting bad feedback? No payment was done until now. Thanks in advance!
Ace Contributor
Shahzad A Member Since: Feb 11, 2012
2 of 3
[quote]I want to do the job, but I don't want to do a job based on assumptions.[/quote] If you are still interested in this work then keep trying to be in touch with your client. oDesk will not be able to help you as this is a fixed price job (other than sending him a message at your behalf). [quote]Can I end the contract myself without getting bad feedback? No payment was done until now.[/quote] Of course, yes! oDesk asks a freelancer and client to leave public feedback for each other only when at least $1 is paid. Hope you have not delivered anything so far. I have also encountered with a similar situation but had delivered the asked work. I hope this ariticle Leaving Feedback on Client's Profile for *Unpaid* Jobs will also help you to get a big picture. Wishing you all the best!
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
3 of 3
Hi Marija, How long have you been waiting for a reply? If you feel that you could wait a while longer, then do that. Is this for a fixed price role or hourly?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS