cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unverified Payment - Clients

Community Leader
Asif R Member Since: Jan 7, 2015
1 of 5

Is it safe to work with unverified payment account clients for newbies like me? If YES then what type of jobs are best to be applied means Fixed Contracts or Hourly Jobs?

Waiting for briefed reply.

Asif Rehman
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 5

Never start working with an unverified client. Period. 

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

The unverified clients you see posting jobs may simply be new to oDesk. They could turn into really good clients, as has happened to me before.

Follow Dianne's advice to not start working for them yet, but don't be afraid to interview with them.

If a client with unverified payment method wants to hire you, simply ask them to verify their payment method (something which is easy to do), and once you see their verification status change, feel free to accept the job.

I don't think that whether or not the job is hourly or fixed rate matters, when it comes to this point.

Generally speaking, hourly jobs are easier for new oDesk contractors to figure out, so you may want to start out with hourly jobs. But some clients are more willing to hire new contractors using fixed rate contractors.

If you have carefully read oDesk's information about fixed rate contracts and if you have thoroughly read some of the threads in this forum relating to this topic, you should be okay in going into fixed rate contracts.

Remember, though, that some clients might want to use fixed contracts but they do not understand or respect the fixed rate contract model. With such clients, you either need to get them to follow your instructions with regards to how to use a fixed rate conract, or you need to only use an hourly contract with them.

Ace Contributor
Nanang T Member Since: Nov 22, 2014
4 of 5

I suggest to avoid unverified client. For me, verified payment means the client serious with the job posted.

Btw, I cannot see the poster's name (and everyone's name under profile pic) in this forum. It is like the name is hidden, but the link still works. Is it only me who experienced this or other too?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Nanang,

I apologize about the issue with names not displaying next to posts in the Community. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS