🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upfront Pay
Page options
a12cb6ff
Community Member

Upfront Pay

I'd like to know if I can get half my payment upfront, and the second half after I complete work. The issue is I don't know exactly how many hours the project will take, otherwide I'd ask for it all upfront. 

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Zan,

I checked your account and it looks like you already have contacted our team about your concern. One of our team members has updated your ticket to assist you further. Also for your question about getting an upfront payment, it looks like you are referring to an hourly contract. When working on hourly contracts, the hours you log are automatically invoiced to your client. You will have to discuss with your client your weekly limit so that it can be set accordingly. You may want to read this help article to learn more about getting paid for an hourly contract. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a12cb6ff
Community Member

Thank you!

a_lipsey
Community Member

Zan D wrote:

I'd like to know if I can get half my payment upfront, and the second half after I complete work. The issue is I don't know exactly how many hours the project will take, otherwide I'd ask for it all upfront. 

THen you need an hourly contract, not a fixed price. 

Hours are not a component of fixed-price contracts. Use whichever contract model you want to. Fixed-price or hourly. But don't mix them.

researchediting
Community Member

Zan D wrote:

If you have a fixed-price contract, you and your client may use whatever milestones and payments are mutually agreeable. If the first milestone is an advance payment (or for that matter a signing bonus), so be it, as long as the client agrees.

Advance payment is not available on hourly contracts. You get paid automatically based on hours tracked.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members