🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Hourly Dispute with Client
Page options
44231eb8
Community Member

Upwork Hourly Dispute with Client

Hello Upwork Community,

I was hired by a Client on a Job, prior to the contract, we had a consultation which he paid for and client gave the initial scope of work which i started working on, while working on the Client's Job, i tracked time properly, filled in memos where necessary to describe what i was doing and i was also updating the client privately... the client was impressed...

Fast forward to the week after the billing cycle ended, Client disputes the Job for quality of work and excessive hours logged...  This is really shocking and surprising to me, because Quality is not an issue here, i even updated the client on the no of hours spent while tracking everything properly...

I reached to client to try to know exactly what the problem is but got no response, instead he went further to claim a plagarized work and I'm still in shock as it is almost impossible for me to plagarize custom calculations due to the nature of this job...

At the moment, i have waited for 3 business days after rejecting the dispute filed by client...

I wonder why upwork has not resolved this...

We can't be working this hard and some clients will try to screw us over...

What do you advice i do at the moment?

Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Ewomarhino O.,

It is my multi-year, multi-dispute experience Upwork stands by its hourly payment protection, as long as your work time was properly logged using TimeTracker.

And Upwork makes no attempt to umpire disputes by clients regarding work quality, so that is not an issue in regards to a refund.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
arifzilane
Community Member

Hi Ewmarhino, 

Very sad to see this situation here. Many cases are coming. I was scammed too. My client is not replying after being hired. But he won't pay! But when I'm working for him, Upwork is timely billed by every 10 minutes. Before cashing the payment finally come to my account, they're Refund given! 

Also, the Upwork support ticket is not positively responded to. 

This is shocking, it means the hours you logged in were not done with any memo or was it manually logged?

759e32fa

Hi Ewomarhino,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I reached out to our team regarding your dispute case. Please expect an email from the dispute team within 24 hours. You can access the support ticket for the dispute here once you receive an initial message from the dispute team.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie.

I really hope this is resolved soon, i wonder how a client goes from loving the work to calling me a liar and all sorts of names after seeing the bill, he went ahead to claim i was working and i didn't update the team, whereas i kept updating them everyday and they had access to my work diary... this dispute has really taken a toll on me as this is my first dispute case.. I have delivered over 40 jobs without a hitch and then someone comes along to call me a scam...

I have sent all the proofs needed... i hope this is resolved ASAP

I already received an email saying i should wait for 4 business days... this is the third business day and nothing has been done

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Ewomarhino O.,

It is my multi-year, multi-dispute experience Upwork stands by its hourly payment protection, as long as your work time was properly logged using TimeTracker.

And Upwork makes no attempt to umpire disputes by clients regarding work quality, so that is not an issue in regards to a refund.

Thank you so much, i feel so much better knowing this.. I really appreciate your response, this is my first, so the whole dispute thing got to me... plus client's sudden attitude... it's really shocking to experience..

Thanks once again

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members