cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Hours still zero after completing hourly contract

jsomejo
Joana Pearl S Member Since: Apr 12, 2016
1 of 10

I recently finished an hourly contract using the desktop Upwork Team App. However, my stats say that I have zero hours in Upwork. Why is this so?

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 10

Did you turn the tracker on?

It also runs slow sometimes and takes a bit of time to catch up. But you should see something if you have a contract and you use the tracker with notes to track your time

jsomejo
3 of 10

The tracker is turned on. It's been capturing screenshots with activity levels and was uploaded to my work diary. However I still see that my Upwork hours are zero. 

I often take only fixed-price contracts but figured it would be a good idea to have Upwork hours as well. I wonder if this is just a slow response?

Also, my client used a milestone for the contract, but based the payment on the number of hours.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 10

They won't show on your profile until you have been paid for the hours. They will show in your work diary.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 10

Hi Joana Pearl,

It doesn't look like you have had any hourly jobs on Upwork. Please, note that you can use the Team App to track time on fixed-price contract for your own record. However, the time recorded for fixed-price contracts won't be used for billing purposes and won't contribute to the total hours worked on your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork
katevillanueva
Ace Contributor
Katherine V Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
6 of 10

@Joana Pearl S wrote:

The tracker is turned on. It's been capturing screenshots with activity levels and was uploaded to my work diary. However I still see that my Upwork hours are zero. 

I often take only fixed-price contracts but figured it would be a good idea to have Upwork hours as well. I wonder if this is just a slow response?

Also, my client used a milestone for the contract, but based the payment on the number of hours.

Only fixed-priced contract uses milestones. Regardless if he's paying you based on the number of hours you worked, your contract is still a fixed price contract. You can use the tracker for your own reference purposes, but it still won't show the hours on your profile since fixed-priced contract only show the amount you got paid.

You should have an hourly contract for hours to appear on your profile.

jsomejo
7 of 10

I don't understand how it became a fixed price contract when it days hourly on the job posting when I was hired. Have a look here:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

katevillanueva
Ace Contributor
8 of 10

@Joana Pearl S wrote:
I don't understand how it became a fixed price contract when it days hourly on the job posting when I was hired. Have a look here:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Some freelancers prefer fixed-priced contracts so they will negotiate for a client to set up their contracts as fixed-priced even if the original job posting was for an hourly job. Other prefer hourly contracts rather than fixed-price and will talk to the client if they can set up the contract as hourly even if the original job posting said fixed-price.

In short, Clients can offer a fixed-price contract even if the job posting says hours or vice versa. It depends on the agreement/negotiation between the client and the freelancer.

You said it was set up as a milestone. Did you agree to that? If you did, then you agreed to a fixed priced contract when you accpeted it.

If you wanted an hourly contract, why did you not ask the client why your contract is fixed price and not hourly before accepting it?

jsomejo
9 of 10
I always applied to fixed-price jobs before and this is the first time I sent an application for an hourly job. I wasn't aware that it can be converted once a milestone was set.

Thanks for your response. It makes sense now Smiley Happy
katevillanueva
Ace Contributor
10 of 10

There are no milestones on hourly contracts. Milestones are only for fixed-priced contracts.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS