🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Skill Certifications
Page options
riverey
Community Member

Upwork Skill Certifications

Hi,

I am a no-code Web Developer and Designer and a Graphic Designer. Recently I've received an invitation to take on a "Web, Mobile & Software Development" Upwork Skill Certification. However, from what I see in the documentation, this Certification is geared mostly for programmers. I develop websites using no-code tools like Webflow, Airtable and unfortunately can not choose any of the existing options.

I do, however, feel that I can qualify for the UI/UX and Graphic Design Certifications in the Design&Creative category.

Is there a way to change the category? It's great to receive an invite and showcase my skills to the client but it's sad that the current category doesn't match what I do.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

250 REPLIES 250

thanks. Will do

6e62b957
Community Member

Hello!

I successfully completed the Customer Service test and obtained my Upwork Skill Certification on May 11, 2023. However, I am unable to see it displayed on my profile. Should I take any action or simply wait for it to become visible on my profile?

Thank you!

Hi Raymond,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
d496bc93
Community Member

passed the Customer Service test and earned an Upwork Skill Certification last May 5, but I don't see the badge on my profile yet. Is there anything I have to do on my end? Thank you!

Hi Kevin,

Congratulations on passing the test. How we can give that test and are there any criteria that those people only attend that test?

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your message and Congratulations on passing the test. I have followed up with the relevant team and your Upwork profile should be updated soon.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

i also passed the test and its not showing up on my profile. I evem wrote email to assessment team but no reply from them. Kindly help

thanks

Hi Syed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
9f4690f4
Community Member

Hello,

I am writing to follow up on the Upwork Skills Certification invitation I received. I chose design and graphics as my skills and submitted the required information. However, I have not received any confirmation or feedback from you since then. Could you please update me on the status of my application and let me know if I need to do anything else? I appreciate your attention and assistance.

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
aleksandramark29
Community Member

Why is there no option in Certifications for Sourcing and Recruiting?

Hi Aleksandra,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Currently, you can earn certifications for select skills in both our Web, Mobile, & Software Development and Design & Creative categories, and we hope to expand to other skills in the future. We truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions and I assure you that we'll continue sharing them with the team and providing updates to the Community about the team's initiatives about this feature.

For the time being, feel free to review this help article to learn more about Upwork Skill certification.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ghabrialpoula
Community Member

Hi! I recently passed the Customer Service test and earned an Upwork Skill Certification. Do I have to do anything on my end or does the Certification automatically appear on my profile? If so, how long until it does? Thank you!

Congratulations :party_popper:  

Hi Bola,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
gaucho76
Community Member

Go figure, I hold a Masters Degree in Human Computer Interaction and earned more that half a million dollar (hence 50,000+ for Upwork!) yet I'm not good enough haha 😄

PS: Not that I care either 😄 , just saw this post and found it funny

d7af7a72
Community Member

Hello,

I will be evaluated for a Brand identity certificate in a day and I'm worried that some of my portfolio items won't be visible by then. I've added a few new projects, but they are still under review in my specialized profile. Currently, they are only visible in my main profile. Would this affect the evaluation? I know that my clients have 3 days to approve it, but what if they don't see the email?

Hi Dilyana,

Thank you for reaching out. As long as it is visible on your profile, our team would be able to see it and consider it for your Brand Identity certification.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Annie,

That's great! Thanks

hoyle_editing
Community Member

So has the skill certifitcation process changed since its first launch? I was asked to apply when it was first released which i duly did, I was given no information about the review process, what was looked at ect, just told to ensure i had 5 portfolio peices and that was it.

2 months later i emailed again to find out my profile did not score highly enough and that they were sorry i was unable to receive the email telling me (because upwork obviously never sent it). I was THEN told some of the criterea used for evaluation!! Not sure why they couldnt tell me the evaluation process prior to applying as I would have ensured different, more relevant portfoilo peices were displayed!

So has anyone actually found any use for this certification? Just seems like another Upwork smoke and mirrors badge to me, but im curious if there is actually any value to it.

rasadiya_ravi
Community Member

Hi! I recently passed the General Coding Assessment test and earned an Upwork Skill Certification. Do I have to do anything on my end or does the Certification automatically appear on my profile? If so, how long until it does? Thank you!

https://app.codesignal.com/evaluation-result/XiizmRGdvmwFmKF22?accessToken=FsGc7y2Zkc2QqmtSu-vptZu62...

Hey Ravi,

Congratulations on passing the General Coding Assessment test and earning your Upwork Skill Certification! That's a great achievement. In terms of the certification appearing on your profile, there's an additional step you need to take. After passing the language-specific test, you should be eligible to receive the Upwork Skill Certification Badge.

Again, congratulations on your accomplishment, and best of luck with your freelancing journey!

Usama I.

Systems Engineer, Cybersecurity Expert and DevOps Engineer.

Connect with Usama on Upwork

e430139c
Community Member

Hello, I submitted my newest salesforce certification for verification, but it's taking too long. What can I do to help you verify this faster?

Eddamini,

If your salesforce certification verification is taking longer than expected, there are a few things you can do to help get it verified faster. First, make sure that the information you submitted is precise and up-to-date. If some of the details are incorrect or outdated, contact Upwork's Support for further assistance. Additionally, wait to submit other documents until this one has been verified. Submitting too many documents at once may result in delays in the verification process. Lastly, feel free to contact Support if you experience any delays; they will be happy to assist you and ensure that your certification gets verified as quickly as possible. Have a great evening!

Hello wiliam,

Thanks for your reply, can you show me how can I do to contact support ? Because I am sure that the information are correct and I've submitted only one request.

Thanks !

Hi Eddamni,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am having this issue as well. Can someone please look into this? I can't see where to open a ticket.

Hi Jennifer,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5e0fc715
Community Member

I completed the course - Applied Digital Skills (Create a Presentation "All About a Topic") provided by Google as a free online certificate course and got the soft copy of the earned certificate as well. Can I get this certificate verified by Upwork as I can also provide a soft copy of the certificate and if so how can I make Upwork to verify this?

Hi Hk,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community. I see you've added your certification for our team to review. Kindly allow our team a few more days to review and approve your certificate. Should we need more information about your submission, our team will email you with details on how you can get approval to add this certification. Rest assured that our team will attend to your requests accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bfaceb6a
Community Member

Hi Elvie,

Thank you for your interest. You cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification at this time. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bfaceb6a
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for this information.

I am happy to learn. I am new here and I just wanted to learn.

Best regards,

Elvie

ea0165db
Community Member

How can I get a notification of Upwork Skills Certifications? I have a freelancer plus membership.

Upwork skill certification is through invitation only for now.  You can get it through email when you're invited. 

profhahyat
Community Member

Hoping I get the Upwork Skill Certification invite soon.

Hayat

Hi Aliyu,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Yes I also suggested the same contents.
nikolayev-sergiy
Community Member

Hello, guys. i just passed Upwork Skill Certification (General Coding Assessment) on the codesignal. But in the certification section is still empty, do i need to do something?

nikolayevsergiy_0-1690462160194.png

Hi, Serhii. Congratulation. Sometimes you need to exit and then enter a platform. Also, technical problems are decided by Support Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members