🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork Skill Certifications
Page options
riverey
Community Member

Upwork Skill Certifications

Hi,

I am a no-code Web Developer and Designer and a Graphic Designer. Recently I've received an invitation to take on a "Web, Mobile & Software Development" Upwork Skill Certification. However, from what I see in the documentation, this Certification is geared mostly for programmers. I develop websites using no-code tools like Webflow, Airtable and unfortunately can not choose any of the existing options.

I do, however, feel that I can qualify for the UI/UX and Graphic Design Certifications in the Design&Creative category.

Is there a way to change the category? It's great to receive an invite and showcase my skills to the client but it's sad that the current category doesn't match what I do.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

248 REPLIES 248
0b135871
Community Member

I received an e-mail claiming that I have been invited to join the group hub Upwork Skill Certified. The e-mail says that I should see an invitation in my messages here on community.upwork.com, but I haven't received any messages here at all. Is this a glitch?

Hi Christina,

It looks like you've already reached out to us regarding your concern and a support ticket has been created. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update through that ticket. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
metropolisdesk
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

Does Upwork accept to show :

1- Google Ads Creative Certification.

2- Google Ads Video Professional Certification.

I added Google ads Display and Google ads Video certifications but I can not find the above ones in the dropdown menu.

Thank you

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you try to enter a certification that’s not on the list, you’ll have the opportunity to add a custom certification. You can add up to two custom certifications. Note that a custom certification will not have a verified badge.

You can check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
dee9e3f9
Community Member

Hey Everyone I am so confused about the process of upwork skill Certification for the individual freelancer and as well as for the agencies.  

If I as a freelancer got the invitation for skill certification and select PHP mistakenly in that So will I able to switch to other category?

If not then can someone else will able to take test on my behalf or not.

And and what is the scenario for agency, if I choose agency plan for my upwork and somebody else will give test on my behalf or not?

Hi Komal,

You can learn all about Upwork Skill Certifications here. Under no circumstances is someone else allowed to take the test for you. If you have been invited to do a Skill Certification and are experiencing any specific issues please let us know and we'll be happy to help

~Andrea
Upwork
dee9e3f9
Community Member

Can I use anydesk or teamviewer for upwork skill certification test since i am out of station. how will I get protored and also I dont have camera in my pc

aishat-dosunmu
Community Member

I am trying to take up the Upwork skill certification but it's only recommending the developer's skill test while I am a UI/UX designer

Hi Aishat, 

Let me check this with the team, and I'll come back and update this thread once I have more information to share with you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Aishat, 

I'm sorry for the delay. I checked this with the team and can confirm that the Upwork Skill Certifications are by invitation only, and you are yet to be invited to take a certification. Are you referring to something else?

You can sign up here to express your interest in completing a certification. The team will reach out to you if we have an assessment that fits your skills and experience. You can learn more about the Upwork Skill Certifications here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, thank you for the reply, although I'll apply for the certification now. However, I can still see the invitation to complete the certification skill on my dashboard. I have attached some images to show you what I mean.

Hi Aishat,

Thank you for responding. Can you please proceed to the next pages and take screenshots? Is it not letting you proceed to your job feed or are you not able to remove this prompt?

~ AJ
Upwork
92a02f35
Community Member

I got mail for Upwork Skill Certification Test. I am busy with projects so is it possible to delay test. I have request to upwork mail link but didn't response it. it has tommorow last day for test.

Hi Dhara,

Thank you for your message. Once you accept the invite, you will have two weeks to take the first test. I can’t guarantee your ongoing eligibility or test availability at a future date but if it isn’t too far in the future you have the best chance of still being able to participate. Feel free to respond to the same notification to reactivate the link if it expires so that our team can assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5babc1db
Community Member

Hi there, 

My Upwork skill certification status is showing pending. I submitted it on 8 October 2022. Could you please help?

Thanks,

Kamruzzaman.

Hi MD Kamruzzaman,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. Please expect an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5babc1db
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Kamruzzaman

6fa757bd
Community Member

I added a certification 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been approved, it is still under pending verification, Upwork gives a 5 business days period to approve so I'm not sure what's happening.

Also, what happened to the live chat that Upwork had and ticket submission? I haven't been able to talk with an agent directly to find a solution to this problem and posting in the community is taking more time which is not the best in order to solve issues/questions.

Hi Sergio,

I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and please expect an update via a support ticket. Feel free to access your tickets on this page and coordinate with the team if you have questions or clarifications.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6fa757bd
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you but I can't see any ticket there, I only see one and it's marked as solved. Can you please let me know how should I be able to see the ticket since it's not there.

Also you didn't reply my comment about the live chat. It's really terrible not being able to chat with somebody right away about issues members are facing. I'd like to know if this live chat will be available again or phone number to call.

chazam856
Community Member

Hello there, Can anybody help me to know how to get an Upwork skill certification in the graphic design category? I mean what will be the criteria for achieving this certificate? I need this certificate from Upwork. Best Regards, Muhammad Azam.

Muhammad A wrote:
Hello there, Can anybody help me to know how to get an Upwork skill certification in the graphic design category?

You're unlikely to be chosen based on your JSS.

Hi Petra,   Can you help me to know how to get an Upwork skill certification in the graphic design category?

Hi Shanzida Talukder,

Arjay here stepping in for Petra. Upwork Skill Certifications help freelancers showcase their expertise. Skill certifications highlight talent that has demonstrated competency in their field by passing a rigorous skill assessment or sample work review, evaluated by experts in their field.

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Please see this announcement for you to be more acquainted with this feature.

~ Arjay
Upwork
katkeifer92
Community Member

Hi. 

I applied for the Talent scout program and about 2 weeks ago got a message from Upwork saying:
"Your portfolio passed the evaluation and earned an Upwork Skill Certification. This certification is on your profile now and visible to all clients and freelancers on Upwork"

Until now I still don't see the certificate visible on my profile. My question is, how long does it take for the certificate to appear on my profile? Do I have to complete the Talent scout screening process first?

Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Thanh Thu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
0736414b
Community Member

Hi everyone,

the problem is exactly as described in the title. On Friday, after waiting for several weeks for my results, I was notified via UpWork messages by UpWork Academy and Learning that my portfolio has passed the assessment and that I've now become skill certified in video editing. The message states that the skill certification is now visible on my profile to all freelances and clients however I have not been able to see it. It doesn't seem to be on my profile.

Can someone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks!

So you got invited by Upwork to certify your video editing skill, you passed the test, but the certification doesn't show.

Yes! I got invited, prepared the portfolio, got the message that I passed and nothing is showing.

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
dee9e3f9
Community Member

Hello there,

I have applied for Design and Creative Skill Certification.

I really need help as I tried very hard thing to earn this Design and Creative Certificate but Unfortunately, I don't know why you reject my profile. I am shocked right now as one of the Coach Mrs. Hilda checked my profile and she was happy with it and I am **bleep** sure it is up to the mark. So could you please help me tell me What should I do now apart from waiting for 6 months again? And everything I updated according to policies and guidelines and I am very confident about my designs as well. I seek assistance from your end. I need it to be reaccessed. I want to know why it is still rejected. Kindly help to let me know why it is rejected there must be any reason and I have the right to know why my profile is rejected. 

I had also dropped two mails to the assessment team but haven't got any mail

Hi Komal,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
0659c9db
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Support.

I have sent the SKILL verify request a few days ago.

But there was no news nowadays.

Please help me. Massimo

Hi Massimo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c3852839
Community Member

How I took part Upwork Skill Certificate test? What is the process?

Thanks

is this sort of scam? You messaged me the same format.

Hi, what Upwork Skill Certificate test is this?

Hi Masum and Dear Members,

We offer Upwork Skill Certifications in several categories, on an invitation basis. If we invite you to go through the skills certification process, you have the option to complete a skills assessment. If you earn an Upwork Skill Certification, we’ll share that on your profile.

However, at this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Completing a skill certification in your primary field is required before applying to our Talent Scout program.

~ Arjay
Upwork
41ef394f
Community Member

Hi, the current website UI wont let me click on the + button to add years of experience on different programming languages. As a result, I can't complete the certification process.

This is what I see. It just doesn't let me interact with the buttons:

2023-01-01-233115_1048x741_scrot.png

Has this happened to anyone else? Any hints for fixing this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members