cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork and VPN

Vladimir G Member Since: Apr 21, 2018
1 of 4

Hello. I want to be sure that I won't be suspended if I will use Upwork with VPN. I have already verified my profile, but I want a 100% guarantee that my account will not be blocked.

You see, internet in Russia is not very stable, so I use VPN time to time and sometimes I don't even notice that I am under it. So this was the primary reason why I was blocked and asked for verification. And now I am a little bit paranoid about this.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Vladimir,

Feel free to use VPN or a proxy while using your Upwork account, it's not a violation of Upwork ToS and in case our team identifies any inconsistencies we'll reach out to you directly for clarification.

Garrett S Member Since: Oct 23, 2017
3 of 4

Hi Vladimir,

I also use a VPN and am wondering if this may be the reason why my account has been flagged for video identity verification twice in the past couple of months. Is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen continuously as it halts any business I have on Upwork for a couple days each time.

Thanks!
Garrett

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 4

Hi Garrett,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS