🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork direct contracts
Page options
1c50a312
Community Member

Upwork direct contracts

Hi,
So, I am new to Upwork though I work on other freelancing platforms. Since, others charge more than Upwork, I asked my clients to place order on Upwork. They found the plaform super difficult to navigate and place order. Finally, I found a solution and sent them direct contract which he immediately accepted. But then, within 5 minutes Upwork suspended my account without any notice without providing any reason.
The next day when I called them, their representative told me I was suspended for not verifying my identity though I did verify it a year back which still shows in the Upwork record. 
If it wasn't verified, couldn't they have alerted me before the order was placed?
Now, the client's money is stuck in the platform and they are asking the buyer to request the freelancer i.e. me to approve his refund. How can I issue a refund when they have voided the contract themselves without asking me when my account was suspended? I don't see any contract active and the buyer is asking me to issue him a refund!
Then, after my account was reinstated, I asked another buyer to place an order. When he tried, Upwork had following message displayed on my projects, "This freelancer is not taking orders now." And, I lost another customers. The 2 orders cost me $300. I have another buyer now who wants to place order, but it looks like Upwork is scamming me and I am afraid of working here. 
Puzzled. 

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members