cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork doesn't ask me to verify my identity.

Katerina K Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
1 of 4

I've made on account on upwork but I still not receive any message to verify my account. I don't have any button or links to do that. why?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

Katerina K wrote:

I've made on account on upwork but I still not receive any message to verify my account. I don't have any button or links to do that. why?

You haven't earned anything.

ID verification at the scale Upwork is doing it is stunningly expensive, and the vast majority (80 - over 90% depending on category) of new freelancers never win a single job or earn a single dollar, so there is little to no point ID verifying anyone until they have started earning money.

Katerina K Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
3 of 4

Petra R wrote:

Katerina K wrote:

You haven't earned anything.

ID verification at the scale Upwork is doing it is stunningly expensive, and the vast majority (80 - over 90% depending on category) of new freelancers never win a single job or earn a single dollar, so there is little to no point ID verifying anyone until they have started earning money.

I know that some people could to verify their account before had any earnings. Their accounts are very similar to mine. I mean their account was filled 100% and that's all they'd done

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Hi Katerina,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment.

The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS