🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork has suspended my friend's account, is ...
Page options
usky
Community Member

Upwork has suspended my friend's account, is there is a way he can withdraw his funds?

Hello, several weeks ago my friend received the message of the irregular activity on his Upwork account. As a well-behaved person, he has passed all the verifications (including video one) and provided the necessary documents as to his words, which included his passport/ driving license and bank statement.

A few days later, his account was blocked permanently and he has lost the direct access to it, not knowing the final reason of the block nor having access to his funds (the amount was around 1500-2000 USD, he kept on Upwork). 

He asked to assist him with this question here, in the Upwork community as he is not available to log in and make the post himself. If there is a way to receive back that money, which was left on his account?

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ivan,

Unfortunately I can't share details for another user with you. Your friend can refer to the information shared with him on his tickets/emails. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Appreciate your quick response, Goran. 

I'm attaching the latest message he has got below:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

This means that he receives no answer to any other actions when trying to continue the discussion via the e-mail (ticket is not available for him as his account is already deactivated). What is your advice for him to get his funds back?

Hello, 

following the latest message from the Upwork community manager, my friend has sent a mail (no ticket available as he has no access to both his Upwork profile and community) but received no response during almost 2 weeks. That is why I'm here again asking you for assistance as he has more than 1 thousand dollars blocked on his deactivated profile. Let me know please if there's anyway how these funds can be withdrawn for him and what steps should he follow? If there's no such an option, please state about that so that everything was clear as to the effective Upwork Policy. Thank you.

Please, can you help me with my account, it was permanently suspended and I want to withdraw my funds that are on it

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members