🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork should do something about these auto b...
Page options
8871f995
Community Member

Upwork should do something about these auto bidding BOTs

Hello,

Every freelancer on Upwork has noticed that people are boosting proposals of job posts by 50 connects within minutes, I don't think that could be done manually, and also found that many websites offer these types of auto bidding services, And they also mentioned on their website that their subscribed users are using the app without any concern regarding their account’s safety. ( see attached screenshots)

Upwork should find a way to monitor such activity on the platform, As many freelancers having difficulties boosting their genuine handwritten proposal. I know many users don't bother to boost their proposals anyway because they know clients are most likely to identify AI-written proposals. But still, Upwork should take some action on this. So the boost proposal feature can be used to benefit new freelancers.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Varsani,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We value your feedback and take your report seriously. We are constantly working to keep the platform safe and fair for all users. I have to edit your post to remove the screenshot as it does not adhere to our Community Guidelines. Rest assured, I will be forwarding your report to the appropriate team for further investigation and will reach out to you via a private message if we need additional information on your report.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
20ea86e8
Community Member

Hi Varsani!,

I have noticed the same thing.

Kind regards

spectralua
Community Member

Reason? With bots you must waste 51 more connects. Without bots you will waste an 10. It is very profitable.

PradeepH

Hi Varsani,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We value your feedback and take your report seriously. We are constantly working to keep the platform safe and fair for all users. I have to edit your post to remove the screenshot as it does not adhere to our Community Guidelines. Rest assured, I will be forwarding your report to the appropriate team for further investigation and will reach out to you via a private message if we need additional information on your report.

- Pradeep

Upwork
serafindesigns
Community Member

Wow! I've been so busy over the past 3 years that I haven't even had time to notice these things. Now that things are dead on this platform and suspicious activities are taking place I'm  finding it no longer a safe place to work. Then I read this. No wonder I went from 5 to 10 offers a day to nothing. Bots must be burying so much and UpWork must've changed something where our profiles get buried now too. This is crazy.

literayz
Community Member

It's getting pretty out of control, actually.  It's not even that hard to spot.  What you should do is start hard banning these accounts.  Make an example!

Ya and check IPs or computers being used. Something.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members