cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork technical oddities

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
71 of 100

Hi Vesna,

Thanks for follwoing up.Yes, this is by design and we have shared feedback related to the option to select messages with our team.

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
72 of 100

I really don't find this useful for two reasons:

1- if I get to interview I'll have to review the same file anyway,

2- to get access to file I only need to contact support, and they'll send the same file. Only difference is waiting.

Clipboard01.jpg

73 of 100

Hi Vesna,

Some files can't be accessed by users because our security scan determined that they aren't safe or they couldn't be scanned. This system is in place to protect our users.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
74 of 100

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Vesna,

Some files can't be accessed by users because our security scan determined that they aren't safe or they couldn't be scanned. This system is in place to protect our users.

Why not simply disable the upload option (for clients when posting jobs) entirely?

I'm not protected if client in response to my application resends his files and those files immediately pass.  It's just annoying and redundant. For both of us.

75 of 100

Vesna,

I understand the current process causes confusion. That's why our security team is working on improving the current process to make sure our users are able to exchange information while still being protected.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
76 of 100

Calls option in messages dashboard isn't working. I've tried across three browsers.

Now I seem unprofessional and irresponsible because my client and I agreed on exactly 6:30 PM my time. 

She asked three times. I confirmed. I was there at 6:30 PM, but things weren't working.

Yes, I'm going to open a ticket to report this. Just wanted to report here, too.

77 of 100

@Vesna M wrote:

Calls option in messages dashboard isn't working. I've tried across three browsers.

You can't do voice & video calls with Upworek's messaging system. There are icons, but they are not meant to be used. It doesn't work.

Use Skype.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Tamaz J Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
78 of 100

Call option works but in a strange way (at least today).

I was not able to unswer call (window did not show up), but when the same time I called to the client got  that "proper" window and suddenly video call started. 

Community Guru
79 of 100

I tried that but had no response to the video call from my client, and I initiated regular call, not video call.

80 of 100

Hi. In the last couple of days I've started having a problem viewing Profile pages on my iPad (iOS 9). I'm talking about Upwork profiles, not Community profiles. The page content is mixed up, with some parts superimposed on other parts. This doesn't seem to be browser-dependent, as it's the same with both Safari and Chrome. (Chrome for Windows is unaffected.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS