🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork time tracker showing the current time ...
Page options
katrinablackwell
Community Member

Upwork time tracker showing the current time is Tomorrow and incorrect time for contract start time.

I am trying to track my time for today but my timer, and the website, won't let me track my time because it's showing that my current time is tomorrow and I can't track future time. My location and time zone are set correctly in my settings as far as I can tell. Also, it says that the contract starts tomorrow but in my contract it clearly states is started today. He "hired" me at about noon today. (Tuesday, Aug 6th). My desktop timer currently shows that "Today" is Wednesday, Aug 7th. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katrina, 

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you are adding manual time based on the UTC timezone. You can change the timezone by clicking on this drop-down arrow in your Work Diary, and choosing your timezone, or your client's timezone, whichever is most convenient from you. Once updated, you should now be able to add manual time in your timezone. Let me know if the issue persists so that I can look into this further.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 1.49.36 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

Hi Katrina, 

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you are adding manual time based on the UTC timezone.

That is what I initially thought, but the other screenshot shows the contract starting at a point in the future UTC which (obviously) isn't possible. It says the contract started after 7pm on the 7th of August UTC, when it is currently only 6.09 AM UTC

utc.png

I do not see a dropdown. Can you show a screenshot? Why does this not match
the settings in my profile?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members