🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork tracker update
Page options
ailcua
Community Member

Upwork tracker update

I updated my tracker last night and since then I'm getting a "tracking offline" message. Checked my internet connection and it's working properly, Anyone experiencing the same issue? 

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Aileen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The desktop app, especially when trying to upload logged time, requires a stable Internet connection. It should reconnect and upload the cache automatically as soon as the connection stabilizes, usually within a few minutes. 

Once you have a stable Internet connection, the cached time will upload automatically. You will know the cache is uploading when the desktop app status says “Online and uploading.” It will change to “Online” when the cached time has been completely uploaded to the server.

If you have an ongoing connectivity problem, the app will appear stuck in caching mode and fail to upload your time. The most common reasons for this are:

• Poor Internet connection
  • TLS (required security protocols) disabled in your Windows Internet settings (how to fix)

The default time zone from the Time Tracker is UTC. If you believe you are missing hours after any cached time has been uploaded to the server please first check your Work Diary where you can update the view to your own time zone. If the issue persists please report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

1. Select your name at the lower left of the app
  2. Select Support and Feedback
  3. Enter the details of your issue and choose Send

Please provide an explanation of your issue with as much information as possible, including the date and time (in your time zone) that the incident occurred and the contract ID.

Our support team can assist you in a more efficient manner if you can provide specific details or screenshots of the problem you encountered, any error messages received, and whether the issue is ongoing.

You may also check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
ailcua
Community Member

i have no connection issues i can watch netflix and youtube in 4k without a hitch...desktop app is not even opening now so i can't do these troubleshooting steps...apparently i'm not the only one experiencing this since the app has a bug according to the agents i spoke with..thanks

ailcua
Community Member

what's frustrating is that it can take days and even weeks for the problem to be resolved

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members