cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: VAT charge

This widget could not be displayed.
Claudia L Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
21 of 26

It's not true! I didn't entered a VAT number ( because i don't have VAT number) and still i'm waiting for the VAT in the reports but there is no VAT charge at all. So can someone explain me how the VAT work inside the reports? Upwork says that we have to pay VAT on the fees but it's the 3rd of december and i can't see any VAT in my earning fees. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
22 of 26

Hi Claudia,

We've started rolling this feature out yesterday and you should start seeing the VAT charges soon.

23 of 26

@Claudia L wrote:

It's not true! I didn't entered a VAT number ( because i don't have VAT number) and still i'm waiting for the VAT in the reports but there is no VAT charge at all. So can someone explain me how the VAT work inside the reports? Upwork says that we have to pay VAT on the fees but it's the 3rd of december and i can't see any VAT in my earning fees. 

The VAT will appear on your next invoice for Upwork's service fees. Upwork does not apply VAT to your earnings up to now.

Ivaylo I Member Since: Dec 30, 2014
24 of 26

Hello,

I didn't understand one thing. The money for this VAT tax are going to... ? Maybe USA or Norway government? 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 26

Who knows? Norway is closely affiliated, but not actually an EU member state.

My VAT number (which is NOT a VAT number) has been refused - not surprisingly, as in France I do not charge service VAT nor do I pay VAT for those services rendered to the government.

I (and many others) just have to suck up the extra that Upwork has decided to tack on to its charges.

Highlighted
26 of 26

@Ivaylo I wrote:

Hello,

I didn't understand one thing. The money for this VAT tax are going to... ? Maybe USA or Norway government? 

The VAT applied to the service fee finally goes to the country where the freelancer lives, in your case to Bulgaria. I do not know if Upwork will have to pay taxes for their income in Norway. Probabely there is an advantage for Upwork to chose a non EU member for their European office.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS