🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » VAT number declined
Page options
88c437a7
Community Member

VAT number declined

Hello,

My VAT number has been decliend a few times and I do not understand why. It's a valid Romania VAT number.

How can I fix this?

Thank you,

Bogdan

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bogdan,

Could you please verify your VAT number by entering it in the VIES database? Let me know if it verifies in the database but not on Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

The VIES database verifies the VAT number.

Thank you!

Thank you for the confirmation Bogdan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I am having the same issue as my VAT keeps getting declined. When I contacted my local tax department they informed me that the VIES website does not recognize it as being valid as I possess an exempt VAT number which is only used locally.

I am getting charged VAT on my invoices however, I am exempted from VAT.

Can you please help me resolve this?

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Graziella.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan I have the same issue, my VAT was declined 2 times but the VIES database verifies the VAT number.
Thank you

Hi Elvis,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your VAT numberThank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
fa35124f
Community Member

Same issue, please somebody help!

Hi Mihail,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members