🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » VAT number
Page options
rosen-valchev
Community Member

VAT number

Hello,

I entered my VAT number and I just got an email from Upwork that they could not verify the taxpayer information I submitted. I went to check on VIES and when I enter my VAT number their it literally says that It can't choose my home country (Bulgaria) right now and I should try later. I went to check on some other resources and it says that VIES it doesn't work at the moment.

However, when I go to a national website to check the info everything seems correct and my company pops up in the results, I will attach a screenshot.

Also, I want to know an alternative way to contact support. Having to make a post in the community as an only option is simply RIDICULOUS. My time is valuable  - this is why I chose to become a freelancer and I am feeling extremely stupid when forced to do that. I want to know if there is a phone number that I call directly and solve my problem or at least an email address, since there is no live chat.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Rosen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members