cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification ID: Did Upwork lose my private data?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
21 of 34

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for confirming. I have shared your concern to the customer support team and one of the team members will reach out via support ticket and assist you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
judegraphics
Brent Jude E Member Since: Apr 6, 2019
22 of 34

I can't verify my identity using my Postal ID on uploading ID. Since I don't have a passport, drivers license, or ID Card. I'm using my postal id for any online transactions but in upwork I can't upload my ID since it only accepts those I mentioned earlier. Please help me with this. Thank you

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
23 of 34

Hi Brent Jude,

If you're submitting your documents for the Identity Verification Badge, please do follow up guidelines shared in this help article, and submit required documents providing a valid government-issued ID.
If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
booksist
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
24 of 34

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Valentina,

Robert is not affected by the issue affecting your profile. I'm following up with the team and we'll share an update with you directly as soon as possible.

Okay, looking forward to it, thanks.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
25 of 34

Hi Valentina,

Just following up to confirm we resolved the issue and you again have the ID badge on your profile, sorry about the inconvenience.

Untitled
booksist
Community Guru
Valentina D Member Since: Aug 27, 2016
26 of 34

Thanks so much, Vladimir! I've also received the congratulations email from Upwork for the third time Smiley Happy

hnatyuknazariy
Nazariy H Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
27 of 34

how can i get an identity verification?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
28 of 34

Hi Nazariy,

Are you referring to the ID verification badge? We are rolling out ID badges to more freelancers, you will receive a notification once your account is eligible.

~ Bojan
Upwork
firefingers
Dylan M Member Since: Dec 9, 2018
29 of 34

Hi,

I got a notification on the homepage about verifying my ID. I submitted my driver's license already. However, when I try to initiate the video chat (part two of the process), it links me to a help page that is unrelated to video chat verification. I have received no email about this either. I don't know how to proceed and don't want my account on hold for very long. 

Anyone know what's going on and how I can get this completed ASAP?

Thanks

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
30 of 34

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you from our end and was not able to replicate the issue you are describing. Please clear your cache and cookies and try using different browser. Also, please check this Help article for more information about this process. If the issue shows on your end after this please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS