🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Want to have upwork contract with my client w...
Page options
67c5d7f4
Community Member

Want to have upwork contract with my client who is working on direct contracts.

Hi.

I am working with one client in Direct Contracts.

(https://www.upwork.com/direct-contracts)

But I want to work with him on Upwork Contracts.

So I am going to ask for him to create Upwork Account and finds me directly without posting new project and send the new offer to make the upwork contract.

Is this violation or not?

Can I continue discussion with the client outside of upwork?
FYI, I have already discussed with the client about new project, no discussion needed from upwork chats.
The client just send the offer and I just accept it. And I will continue discussion with the client outside of upwork if needed.

Is this no violation?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Goh,

Thank you for following up. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, they still need to create a job post. Clients have the option to set it to "Invite only" so they won't receive proposals from other freelancers, only those whom they invited to apply.

2. Not necessarily, but you can do so just for documentation purposes.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Goh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you already have a direct contract with the client, we already understand that you have communication outside Upwork. Should you want to proceed with the regular fixed-price or hourly contract with them, there wouldn't be any violation of ToS if you continue your communication outside Upwork but we do suggest that the client still outline the details of the role on the job that they will create for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
67c5d7f4
Community Member

Hi Annie.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I will ask the customer for details about the new offer in a message box.

I have other questions more.
1. Does my client need to post a new project to hire me (I don't want to post a project because other freelancers can consume unnecessary proposals)? Or can he message me directly about the new offer?
2. Should I leave the following notice so that there is no doubt from upwork about this offer?
Hello, thank you for creating an account and contacting me.
Now, you can proceed with Upwork fixed contracts instead of the direct contracts.

Regards.
Goh.

Hi Goh,

Thank you for following up. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, they still need to create a job post. Clients have the option to set it to "Invite only" so they won't receive proposals from other freelancers, only those whom they invited to apply.

2. Not necessarily, but you can do so just for documentation purposes.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Annie.

Thank you for your quick reply.

All your answers are clear to me.
I  will ask for the client to post the project for a job.

Best Regards.

Goh.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members