🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get paid
Page options
f060d2cf
Community Member

How to get paid

Hello everyone! the first job I landed on Upwork was a milestone contract. Because we both were new in this type of contract and seemed a bit confusing to close, my client decided to make a new contract with a fixed price and he paid through that one. When I go to the "get paid" section I have both contracts and the amount I should get paid is higher than what I actually should get paid. I'd like to get paid now but not that amount, how can I change it? 

6 REPLIES 6
759e32fa

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In order to withdraw a different amount than the total amount on your available balance, just go to this page >on the amount section, tick the radio button for "Other amount" > enter the amount that you want to withdraw > then click on "Get Paid."

~ AJ
Upwork
f060d2cf
Community Member

What about the rest of the money I shouldn't get paid? Is it going to be there forever? 

Hi Natalia,

You can use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. It’s totally up to you. Please note that Balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

It sounds like you have duplicate contracts. In that case, simply refund one of the contracts.

f060d2cf
Community Member

Hi Jonathan, thank you for your answer. Yes, that happened. How can I do the refund? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members