🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I hope Upwork would consider the Connects...
Page options
iamkhatkar
Community Member

We refunded you 5 Connects: Job was cancelled.

Even when the job is cancelled, I am just getting the connects that are boosted. I mean I should get all of connects if a job is no longer available or cancelled. Please give your thoughts!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amit, I think you're referring to the message you received, which states, "We refunded you 5 Connects"? On the screenshot AJ shared, you can see that the refund you received was for all the 13 Connects that you used. I'll forward your post to the team internally so they can look into the wording for the notification you received and avoid confusion in the future. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
759e32fa

Hi Amit,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that all the Connects you used to apply and bid for the project were returned. You can check your Connects history here

759e32fa_1-1702472422190.png

~ AJ
Upwork

We refunded you 5 Connects: You bid to boost a proposal for Seo, but the job was cancelled. I applied with 13 connects.

Amit, I think you're referring to the message you received, which states, "We refunded you 5 Connects"? On the screenshot AJ shared, you can see that the refund you received was for all the 13 Connects that you used. I'll forward your post to the team internally so they can look into the wording for the notification you received and avoid confusion in the future. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

It shows 5notification.png

Hi,

I hope you all have a great day. After months on Upwork, I would like to share some thoughts about the Connects return policies 

1.  A job has been posted for 6 months and the client did not respond or close the job, the client got a very bad review. In such cases.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 11.27.30.png

Would Upwork consider closing the job post and returning the Connects to freelancers?

2. There are also cases in which the client updated the job post to Invite Only/ Job description just right after I applied, so I know for sure my Connects are a waste.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 11.29.11.png

I hope Upwork could consider a fair way to notify or return Connects to freelancers. 

3. When I first joined Upwork, I was able to receive the Connects Award + Connects Refund for every job post that I successfully got a response from a client. Recently, for all the successful applications, I have never seen any Connects Award (I know there are updates and Connects Award is not always available but in my case, it is never available).

Thanks and regards,

Kieu Truong.

There is a lot wrong with the Connects system from the perspective of freelancers (We all hate it for one reason or another). Like all big corporations, they are answerable to their shareholders who demand ever-increasing returns/dividends. The more Connects they refund, the less you buy. So they will try as much as possible to avoid refund policies that affect their bottom line. There was a time when the maximum number of Connects you could spend on a proposal was 8. It's gone through a shrinkflation of sorts.

The reality is that there is little incentive for Upwork to revise this at the moment. Their differentiation sets them apart from their competitors and they know users are unlikely to head over to the other freelance platforms. So competition is low. Users are locked in and will be so until they do something more drastic that causes them to start losing active users at an unmanageable rate.

(P.S. This is a community page so you won't hear a moderator say "Hmmm.....that sounds like a good idea!")

Hello! I was recently pinged to verify my identity by providing a government ID. I am successfully verified, but I come back to my proposals to see them all withdrawn/cancelled by Upwork?? "Withdrawn: Job application is cancelled by Upwork"I've lost all my connects for these proposals and I even had an active proposal where I was talking with the job poster. 

Please reinstate these "withdrawn" proposals. Thank you.

It is will be never refunded. Forgot.

Over 7 months, I have not get a job. It is a sad story 😂

sealvlservices
Community Member

At least your getting some connects back, I was interviewed last Thursday and apparently the client was not deemed "worthy" enough, so I didn't get any connects back. 👍

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members