🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What caused my JSS to decrease?
Page options
ritchelleamor
Community Member

What caused my JSS to decrease?

Hi everyone!

I'm with Upwork since 2019 and since then I always make sure I deliver the utmost quality that I might deliver to my clients.

This year 2021, I just got back in sending proposals again, since I've been idle in Upwork in 2020 because of a different opportunity I had outside this platform. When I started this year, I had 100% JSS. Then it fluctuated. From 100%, it went to 90%, then last week it was 95%, but today I was so frustrated it went down to 87%! I am disappointed because I was expecting to get my Top Rated badge by the end of the month (considering all other factors - earnings and the top rated eligible weeks). I'm afraid I won't be able to achieve that for this reason.

I would like to ask, what could be the reason that affected my JSS?

All my past clients ever since I started my career in Upwork gave me 5 star ratings with good feedback, except for 1 where I ended the contract myself due to lack of communication from my client  - this is way back late 2019 or early 2020. Just recently with the last client I had where I only spent 2 days because I really cannot stand her attitude so I told her I just need to end the contract - she gave me a pretty decent rating 4+ stars which I never expected because I thought she'll just give me a low rate considering that I could not last long with her. It was only a contract for 2 days. 

I have sent no proposals yet since the 2nd week of March, as far as I could remember, because I was busy with other projects.

My questions are:

1) Would a short-term contract (2 days) affect my JSS?

2) Do I need to send proposals often, to keep my score high? Because I noticed that in the past couple of weeks, my profile views decreased (due to less submission of proposals, I think).

Please, I need advice so I can clear my head and know what I need to do to solve this.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Ritchelle Amor C wrote:

I would like to ask, what could be the reason that affected my JSS?

Not so great private feedback.

Ritchelle Amor C wrote:

My questions are:

1) Would a short-term contract (2 days) affect my JSS?

2) Do I need to send proposals often, to keep my score high? .

1. The private feedback on any contract (small or large) affects the JSS, for better or for worse.

2. No, proposals (or a lack of proposals) have no effect on the JSS at all.

Is there a way to know why my feedback/rating for that client does not show up? I checked the client's profile but I couldn't see my rating, as well as her rating for me, I can't see it in my profile.

Ritchelle Amor C wrote:

Is there a way to know why my feedback/rating for that client does not show up? I checked the client's profile but I couldn't see my rating, as well as her rating for me, I can't see it in my profile.

Contracts only show in profiles if and after payment has been made. If it was an hourly contract and the hours were worked last week, the client hasn't been charged yet, but the outcome already counts towards your jss. Was it a successfully completed contract?

Okay now I understand. I believe no; I only worked for her for 2 days. I cannot see myself working with the client for long-term because of her attitude. Unfortunately, we cannot tell that as early as we accepted the offer.

Is there a way how to increase again my JSS?

Ritchelle Amor C wrote:

Is there a way how to increase again my JSS?

Complete contracts with great outcomes.

How many contracts do you think I will need to redeem my JSS?

Hello Ritchelle,

Your JSS can change for various reasons. One of the reasons could be the low ratings left by clients on private feedback even after giving you excellent ratings on public feedback. We are unable to tell you the exact number of contracts needed to bring your JSS score back to 100% as doing so would make it easier for some users to artificially boost their scores. We need to maintain some privacy with this metric to ensure fairness and accuracy. You can refer to this Help article to learn more about the JSS score.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep,

Do you think there is still a way for me to redeem my JSS? 😞 I am really desperate 😞

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members