🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What happens to my JSS if I withdraw from an ...
Page options
thompson_karen
Community Member

What happens to my JSS if I withdraw from an offer I accepted?

Hello,

I accepted an offer, but the client is flaking right from the get go.

If I withdraw from the offer (after I've already accepted it), will it hurt my JSS which is 100%?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Where do you see in that article that it says no earnings contracts cannot impact your JSS? If the client leaves feedback it affects JSS. Earnings weight the contract, but no earnings contracts can still have feedback and impact the JSS. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rajuahammedeee
Community Member

Hi Karen,

If you don't have any earnings from the contract, it won't be affected your JSS. Please check out here for further details-https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

Thanks!

- Raju

Where do you see in that article that it says no earnings contracts cannot impact your JSS? If the client leaves feedback it affects JSS. Earnings weight the contract, but no earnings contracts can still have feedback and impact the JSS. 

Thanks Amanda.  Unfortunately that's what I had thought.  So many truly waste of time "jobs" on here nowadays, or real jobs/ folks who attempt to take advantage of your time, and efforts.  It's so difficult nowadays to know in advance and easy to make a mistake with a job, with tons of scammers, or clients  who are simply unprofessional. Really difficult to weed through.  I regret taking a job for one hour - too much time already spent before the job, client who play games, and a client who I should not have accepted for many reasons. Too late now:(

I just withdrew so I will see the results in realtime.  I gave the client no-charge strategy advice for 40 minutes and realized too late that the one hour he hired me for,  would be a waste of my time, and a  no win, as he has a day job as a lawyer, and chooses not to take  my sales GTM and marketing advice, despite saying that's what he wants.  You can only help those willing to work with you. 

Hello,  It says on the articles that I can ask for one project catalog feedback to be removed per quarter.  However this is a one hour consult, that the client wrongly wrote up as a Milestone.  If I refund his money and withdraw now, and he writes something nasty - will it affect my JSS.  It is very difficult to understand. Thank you.

It can be dangerous to spread wrong information. 

sofia2008
Community Member

Hi Karen, here is a help article on ending a contract (hourly and fixed price)

In both cases, you and the client have the ability to leave a feedback.

End Your Contract – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members