🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What if i change my hourly rate?
Page options
11471b71
Community Member

What if i change my hourly rate?

After getting the JSS I want to increase my hourly rate. My question is if I do that does it fall any bad effect on my profile or project catalog rank?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sirajul,

Thank you for your message. Your Hourly rate will not affect your profile or project catalog ranking.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Sirajul,

Thank you for your message. Your Hourly rate will not affect your profile or project catalog ranking.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks, Pradeep!

bobafett999
Community Member

You must.  You charge too little.

Hi Prashant, thanks for your kind message. As a newbie seller, I set the price low but now after getting the JSS I want to increase the rate. Can you suggest to me what will be the correct rate as a professional seller?

bobafett999
Community Member

That is one tough call.  You need to set the rate that is worthwhile for you.  You need to factor in cost of connects to get a job, upwork commission, exchange conversion fees (you get about 3-4% less that what you can find on google).  I believe there is a Bnaglasesi group on Upwork.  They may be able to help.  Raise your rate slowly for e.g. $25/hr.  If you don't get any buyer you can drop a bit - but you may have to just wait it out.  Don't lower it too soon if you cann't find any gig for a month or so.  Good luck.

Well said thanks

bobafett999
Community Member

Oh yeah, and you will run in to people who won't pay you or reverse the payment or ask for unlimited revisions.  Be sure to write in the contract that you will make X revisions.  Also, if you have access to the CSS or HTML or JS files insert some identifying marks that YOU did the work.  If a buyer doesn't pay, you can ask their hosting provider to take down the websile on the basis of plagerizing your work.  Also, do not give away files till you are paid.  Remember, if the payment is not made the work product is your peroperty.  Once they pay you files and other crap belong to them.

On a fixed price contract no matter what Upwork says - buyers are the kings and they can always find ways to not pay you and there is nothing you can do.

Always devide your work in small chunks or milestones.  Don't work on next milestone unless the current milestone is paid for and the next milestone is fully funnded and money is in Upwork escrow,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members