🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What if upwork team show bad behavior?
Page options
jewelsdesigner
Community Member

What if upwork team show bad behavior?

i was working for a client. 

he asked me for 14  3d models ; like one model for 10$

i made him sent him zip he said send me back all 3dm one by one

i sent you

he used all

after that he said give me 6 more he will give me in end tip. 

i said i make mile stone you pay for it. then i upload i have made 6 more models. 

he rejects. 

i told him it is against upwork policy to upload files without milestone

i contacted with upwork team. 

upwork team said report that massage. 

i reported

upwork said if client does not approve payment in 20 days it will be in your account. 

afer 23 days i checked it is on dispute. and i uploaded all proofs and upwork. gave him all money back. fraud with me. 

i showed him all massaged even reported massage

upwork said make a case in 360$ for 140$ otherwise minus from account. what! are you insane?

i lost my hardwork. 

if upwork is here to support just clients. so what are  we doing here as freelancers. they can blackmail us and upwork will refund them. 

Now i do not have interest in upwork. because upwork is for fraud client. not to support our hardwork. 

then they send us emails. we are missing you you are not running your account. 

5 REPLIES 5
dataextract
Community Member

//i told him it is against upwork policy to upload files without milestone//

Really?

yes i discussed with support and then replied him. support said to report tha massage i reported. i can upload complete proofs. 

You are not aware of how Upwork is functioning.

There is no such policy which says it is against ToS to upload files before the fund in escrow.

Clients are not allowed to ask for free samples. 

And if the client funded escrow and if there comes a dispute between client and the freelancer, Upwork will try to solve it on mutual agreement. If any of the parties or both are not accepting it, then Upwork will ask both of you to go for arbitration.  It will be provided by a third party company. So it involves a fee which is normally splitted by client and freelancer equally. You both should pay the fee in advance before the arbitration starts and before the dealine mentioned by Upwork. If, as a freelancer failed to pay it and even if the client didnt pay, then automatically Upwork releases the escrow to the client. In case if the freelancer pays, but the client didnt, then escrow will be released to the freelancer. If both parties pays then the arbitration begins and both the parties should accept the final result from them.

All these are already clearly there in the ToS of Upwork.

erinvega2016
Community Member

The issue is that you want to place the blame on someone else, when really the blame is all on you. See you steps above are a little bit out of order 

wrote:

i was working for a client. 

he asked me for 14  3d models ; like one model for 10$

i made him sent him zip he said send me back all 3dm one by one

i sent you

he used all

after that he said give me 6 more he will give me in end tip. 

i said i make mile stone you pay for it. then i upload i have made 6 more models. 

he rejects. 

i told him it is against upwork policy to upload files without milestone

i contacted with upwork team. 

You sent him files prior to having a contract in place here on Upwork. 

He used those files and requested several more, of which you did but than decided that you needed to have the contract in place with the milestone. 

My recommendation is to head over the Academy tab to learn more about using the platform, read up on Upwork, terms of service, and even search here in the community for posts about how to avoice scammers. 

You are a freelancer and not an employee of Upwork. You must make some changes in your thinking and protect your business at all costs. 

1st of all i am not blamming to anyone. he accepted milestone for 14 files as 140$, which i delivered , and yes i know i am freelancer and thats why i am discussing here to learn about scammer . but when i uploaded all proofs for chats they why did upwork not support me. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members