🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » What is the best way to send 11 mpg files?
Page options
27976d7e
Community Member

What is the best way to send 11 mpg files?

Hello.

What is the best way to 'submit' 11 mpg files, with a fixed fee job?

Say if I have finished my video edits and I want to submit them, what is the best way to do that?

In all, the 11 files mpgs are about 1.5GB. I think they probably would send, as I sent watermarked versions via the UW messaging system before, but I am conserned that it is a lot of data to send as a 'work submition' and it might complicate the purchase if something gets disconected? This is through a fixed contract so not hourly rates. Is sending with a file transfer service permitted, such as wetransfer?

Also another question, do people send watermarked content for appoval via UW messaging? Is this a good idea?

Best regards

Julian 

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Julian D wrote:

Hello.

What is the best way to 'submit' 11 mpg files, with a fixed fee job?

Say if I have finished my video edits and I want to submit them, what is the best way to do that?

In all, the 11 files mpgs are about 1.5GB. I think they probably would send, as I sent watermarked versions via the UW messaging system before, but I am conserned that it is a lot of data to send as a 'work submition' and it might complicate the purchase if something gets disconected? This is through a fixed contract so not hourly rates. Is sending with a file transfer service permitted, such as wetransfer?

Also another question, do people send watermarked content for appoval via UW messaging? Is this a good idea?

Best regards

Julian 

I don't use UpWork to send files.

I use GoogleDrive (any other uploading service works just fine, my preference is ggldrv) and share those links with my client.

WeTransfer is allowed.

I don't have a need to watermark.

When I'm working through UpWork, milestone I'm working on is funded. I just send my client files and they realise funds.
Not bothered/worried that they'll "steal" my work as, when I've finished my work, I can request milestone funds to be released.

27976d7e
Community Member

Thank you, Antun. 

Best regards Julian

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members