🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When I set up my profile, I set my language s...
Page options
giambra-michael
Community Member

When I set up my profile, I set my language skill to Spanish - Latin American Neutral but in the App

When I set up my profile, I set my language skill to Spanish - Latin American Neutral but in the App it shows up as Spanish - Castillan, which I believe is the form spoken in Spain. How can I change it back?  The App only allows Spanish - Castillan.

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

In the language proficiency section of the general profile Spanish - Castilian is the only option for Spanish. However, there are multiple options for Spanish under skills. Looks like you did add Spanish - Latin American Neutral to your Specialized Translation profile already.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
barbac
Community Member

I believe Spanish-Latin American Neutral-option needs to be added under Language and not under skills.

For Spanish Castilian to appear first under language can mislead the viewer initially because it has its own identity. Just like English- England and English-North American- each has its own identity.

Actually, my suggestion would be to have plain Spanish as the option under Language and then have the rest of specific Spanish options including Castilian under skills. This would be ideal.

I don’t feel comfortable choosing Spanish Castilian because I feel it would be misleading. Thus, I haven’t chosen it and thus my Language profile is incomplete!

Please help me solve this problem!

Thank you!
Christina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christina,

Thanks for your suggestion! We'll share it with the team!

~ Bojan
Upwork
barbac
Community Member

Can you please update me of the outcome, thank you!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members