🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550
81b6eb2b
Community Member

I have completed 3 jobs on Upwork with 5 Star reviews.And 2 ongoing jobs. I just want to know that when will i get a JSS score on my profile.

As i remember you need 5 more jobs done. With feedbacks. From different clients.

Hi Mubassar,

In addition to Mykola's response, the time it takes for every freelancer to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you must complete projects with 2 or more clients, across 4 or more different contracts within 24 months. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
361b4b8a
Community Member

I completed 5 Jobs 

Multiple Clients and still JSS is not showing any idea

Last job done totay? It will take some days after requirements fit.

4 jobs, at least two from the same client. 1 job closed today. The last JSS calculation was this Sunday, so you need to wait for the next one in two weeks, but I don't think you qualify yet. 

Use the time wisely to get more jobs with VERY good feedback, the last one was not great, and with a low number of jobs each one has a large impact.  

a0ca2e9c
Community Member

When i will get my JSS? I have completed 4 jobs and 2 are under process with $900 earnings and positive feedbacks. I still haven't got my JSS. Neither got my rising talent badge. WHATS THE ISSUE?

Hi Shanza,

Thank you for your message. Most freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
769c120f
Community Member

Hi, 

Job Success score rating is not showing showing on my proile i have completed 4 job with 5 Star also i have two contract in

Progress please advice what is the issue. i created ID on Feb then i left. again i join upwork from september please look into this matter and advice. please view the attached file of MY STATS.

thanks

best regards

Muhammad waheed

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Most freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Completed 4 jobs as you described, have followed all the t&c but didn't get the JSS badge can you please look into the problem and give me the badge

Community Member

Finally today i completed 4 jobs (3 different client and 4 different project with 5 star :glowing_star: ratings)

For the JSS badge requirements

But i didn't get the badge please help me i don't have much connects left and not have money to buy.

If I have a jss badge then clients will respond to my proposal.

Now They think I'm beginner so they don't focus on my proposal but if I have jss badge then they will notice me.

Please 🥺🥺 🙏🙏 it's my humble request 

Gimme the JSS badge. Please help

65b1ab38
Community Member

Hi,

I do not have a JSS rating on my profile. 

Is this normal?.

Do I need to do more jobs,earn more money or get reviewed before I will get a rating.

Also, I see alot of views against my profile but alot of the jobs I sent proposals for are being declined. Is there perhaps something wrong with my profile that I need to fix?.

Kind regards,

KIm 

Yes, normal. You need a couple of more contracts, but more importantly, WITH feedback. If you keep on closing contracts yourself, and the client doesn't leave feedback afterwards, you will never get a JSS. 

The two you already have are not helping towards the rating, since you didn't get feedback on them. 

Hi Martina,  thank you for the advice.  It was very helpful (especially not to close jobs).

fd69836b
Community Member

Hello Upwork community

I have successfully completed 8 projects but most of them were mineal, and i have only received  feedback from one client. My question is do I qualify for JSS score?

Thanks for the link

shoaib_m12
Community Member

I have been finding clients from other platforms, didn't send proposals, and worked on Upwork for years. Now my job success rate and everything else is down to 0. What could be the best way to boost my rating again?

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you for your message. Your Job Success Score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bilal_1997
Community Member

Why i am not getting JSS and rising talent badge and i have 1.6k$ and 6 jobs completed with 3 review

You will need more reviews from different clients.

7d9d0d70
Community Member

Hello Seniors.

I completed 8 jobs with 5 different clients and got 7 reviews. Also, I have $700+ in total earnings.

I have not got a JSS badge yet, what's my missing on my side?

Please guide.

Thanks

dan_crane
Community Member

Hi guys, 

Pls I need to know why i haven't gotten any job success score on my account with over 6 project delivered and 5 reveiw from different client with fix project with 100% project profile. Please, help me with this. 

Thanks 

Hi Daniel,

I had a similar question just over a week ago, so here's the deal. Your projects aren't equal, and therefore are weighted differently when they're counted towards your JSS. It took me over 6-7 reviews to recieve my JSS, and it happened after the final review which was over $100 at the time.

I'm not sure how different projects are calculated, but you just have to keep getting great reviews until they're cumulatively enough to award you a JSS. From your profile, it seems like you're not far from obtaining  JSS given you've completed some projects with good reviews.

Hope this clears it up a little.

Yes...thanks 

I have done 400USD plus on nthe account. I hope they will give me the jss to boost my interviews and response on proposals. 

Thanks 

45b980ca
Community Member

Why not showing my JSS? I completed 9 projects with 5 projects 5-star reviews. Can you tell me why this problem? 

How many months have you had an account or worked? It takes some time to get JSS hope you get it soon I got it in 8 months.

I think you can go through this resource to find more about the criterias https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

Don't worry. Complete more project then it will appear.

mzua
Community Member

Hi as I have completed ny 6 jobs from 4 differents client, but still I didn't get my JSS, can you please suggest?

mzua_0-1667561752455.png

87b7d973
Community Member

Hi!

I've already had 6 projects completed(with different clients and all with stars) and 2 projects work in progress but I still don't have Job Success rate.

I checked the support passage and it said most people got JSS after 5 projects completed but I still don't have one.

could you please help me out? Thank you!

JSS is updated every 2 weeks and 3 of your 6 projects were closed after the last JSS update. I suggest you check again after the next update scheduled on Nov. 14.

Got it! I will check it out again on Nov 14, thank you Sophie!

9606c66f
Community Member

Hey,

As per Upwork policy to get JSS the minimum requirement is to do the project with two different clients, I am done with my 4 projects but have yet to receive the JSS.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Falaq

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Falaq,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. Check out this help article to learn more.

~Andrea
Upwork
765ca4fc
Community Member

Hi

I have completed my 9 jobs successfully but I don't get my jss please help me.

Thanks

contact in upwork support 

--------------------------------

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

You should be happy you don't. Your first 5 contracts have bad feedback. I recommend to finish a few contracts with really good feedback before the next update in two weeks. 

evesion
Community Member

I was wondering why I never got a rising talent or JSS. I did 14 jobs with 13 different clients. 9 contracts are closed. The rest are longterm contracts.

The badge date got updated today and I was expecting to get a JSS 2 weeks ago. Do I miss something?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members