cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will I get bonus amount, client not responding for 2 months

Gaurang S Member Since: Jan 21, 2015
1 of 6

Hi Guys, 

I got one hourly project from the odesk. and client told me that I can work on particular problem for 3 hours, even if i won't come to the solution then also I will get paid.  HoweverI if i will find the solution I will get 100$ bonus. 

However within 3 hours I found the solution and send the code to client. Client agreed upon the solution and told me on odesk message that I will get 100$ bonus as agreed before. 

It's around two months client ain't responding to any of my message on odesk,  also as there was no hourly activity for long time, it has been puased by odesk. 

Would someone please let me know, what should i do to get my bonus amount. ?? 

Ace Contributor
Bruno C Member Since: Nov 14, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Gaurang.

I am sorry but I do not think there's any way to get your bonus besided the client sending it directly to yourself. oDesk protects the hours worked but they do not cover that type of situations.

I would say to keep trying and to somehow appeal to his feelings (hopefully he has some) saying that it would be important and that he promised to give you the bonus.

Good luck, Gaurang.

Bruno.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6
Oh my goodness, Guarang, you need to let this go. You did hourly work. You got paid for it. End of story.

Was the client being honest when he made a promise and did not keep it? No.

Is there anything you can do about it? No.

Except this: if the client asks for your help again, you can tell him that in order for you to help him, he will first need to pay you $100 by setting up a fixed-price contract and immediately paying you $100 and then immediately closing the contract. After that, you will be happy to discuss new work.

Other than that, there is nothing that can be done, so you need to forget about it and stop trying to contact the client.
Luz L Member Since: Sep 25, 2015
4 of 6

Can you give your client a negative review? This will signal other freelancers that it is risky to work for this client. It will affect his ability to get excellent hires in the future. 

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 6

I have received bonuses from clients without me ever discussing them...they were generally a 'reward' for work done and were all quite unexpected. In each instance, I thanked them, as they had already paid me for the job. It was simply a way for them to show their appreciation, and when this happens, it really makes you feel good.

In the instance where you are promised a bonus upfront, however, but there is nothing in place to ensure its payment, there is not really anything anyone can do about it. It will be up to the discretion of the client.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 6

Never work with the idea that a bonus will ever come through. OP got suckah punched.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS