🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When will I get paid bonus?
Page options
elzamil
Community Member

When will I get paid bonus?

Hello

My client paid bonus on Dec 29

But that is still in pendiing

I would like to know when I can get paid that

Thanks

Elzamil

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Elzamil R wrote:

The problem is that the client didn't (pay for the bonus).

Elzamil R wrote:

5 days after Upwork successfully charges the client's payment method. Once the client pays, the left hand column on your "Pending" page will show the date when the funds will become available.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JoanneP

Hi Elzamil,

If there are issues with your client's account, the payment will remain pending until the issue is resolved.  I would suggest that you discuss this with your client so that they can work on clearing the issue with their account, and pay you for the work you have completed. While we can't share any details, ask your client to communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your payment.

~ Joanne
Upwork
elzamil
Community Member

Hello Joanne

Thanks.
Without resolving problem in their account, can they pay bonus?

Wow. Amazing.....Very Good.

petra_r
Community Member

Elzamil R wrote:

The problem is that the client didn't (pay for the bonus).

Elzamil R wrote:

5 days after Upwork successfully charges the client's payment method. Once the client pays, the left hand column on your "Pending" page will show the date when the funds will become available.

elzamil
Community Member

Thanks Petra

I received invoice on Dec 29 from him and he said that he paid

I thought Upwork took that amount from their account

There is a space they can use to lie freelancers?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Elzamil. 

There seems to be an issue with your client's account, and until they resolve the issue, the pending bonus payment will not be cleared and processed. The team reached out to your client last week, and if you are in contact with them, you can encourage them to check their support ticket to resolve their account issue soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5cae4544
Community Member

Hello Avery 

My client send a bonus of $250 to upwork and I got the domain name with my money because the money has not reflected in my account now he suspended the contract, will Upwork still pay me the $250 he sent as bonus 

The client sent me bonus of$450 nd asked me to buy domain.  my gut instinct said why he's not buying himself, he kept saying buy hurry up it takes 5 minutes but i waited nd gave a thought on it before buying.  searched internet on the issue nd got to know it's a scam.  thank God i didn't listen to him nd listened to my instinct.  later that day his account got suspended.

I'm still hired by him in contract but he's suspended by Upwork 

petra_r
Community Member

Elzamil R wrote:

I thought Upwork took that amount from their account

They try to charge the client's payment method but there is nothing they can do when the client's payment method declines repeatedly.

Elzamil R wrote:

There is a space they can use to lie freelancers?

There is always space for lies...

Hi, my bonus has s date already that the money will be available today Dec. 5, 2022 but until now its still on peding. Why was that? 

Hi Alvin,

I checked the contract you're referring which is Contract ID#32030958. Note that the date you're seeing is based on UTC time, which is why it's still pending. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
_paecar
Community Member

I have same issues like him.. can you help me?

Hi Phoebe,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that the bonus has already been manually released by the client. As long as there are no problems with the client's billing method, these manual earnings, minus Upwork fees, will become available after the five-day security period.

~ AJ
Upwork
juni_designer
Community Member

can anyone tell me this client gives the bonus and we ended the contract and wtill its showing pending? when it will received to my balance?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Was the job to buy crypto?  I see your latest job for $500 per hour mentions crypto. How much crypto did you send to the client? That's probably gone as well as the bonus.  The way to get paid on an hourly contract is to log hours with the time tracker or add manual hours and NOT be paid as a bonus.

Hi Junaid,

I have checked your account along with your concern. I can see that there's already a support ticket created. You can get further details and assistance here or you can also check your email.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members