Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see client name?

Community Leader
Shahzad A Member Since: Feb 25, 2015
11 of 13

Dear Suhaib C,

You can go to the client's job history, and see if any freelancer gives feedback comments to the client by saying the name. Otherwise you cannot see the client's name before submitting the proposal. Best of luck in the future.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 13

I don't care about a client's name even when I can see it.

I don't get paid based on a client's name. I get paid because a client (regardless of their name) sends me a hire offer for a real contract, to do work that I know how to do.

Clients whose names mean nothing to me and can not be searched on the web are more likely to be profitable to me than clients whose names are instantly recognizable and which, when googled, lead to impressive-looking websites set up by Fortune 500 companies. Clients providing names that fit into the latter category are usually scammers offering fake names in order to trick newbies.

Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
13 of 13

Suhaib,

Client's name may appear in the description or in feedback. If so, use it. I'm more interested in identifying the client's company. If I can do so, I'll ask "It appears that you are Suhaib's cupcake shop and hand-held nuclear weapons company. Please verify."

Most important is identifying the client's industry. I'm most comfortable replying when I know the industry, because then I know whether I'm likely to succeed in resolving the issue or meeting the need.

Petra's "Hi" works well. If I know enough, I'll use "Manufacturer" or "Entrepreneur" as the greeting. Othewise, I skip the greeting.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS