🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Who can explain this?
Page options
debi-f
Community Member

Who can explain this?

Hello,

Maybe someone can explain this case:

• Today a client posted in the last 10 hours, 10 times the same job named “Crypto Teacher”.
  • I don't work in this field, but I was interested in checking it, it seemed a spammer.
  • So, I checked the Client's Profile. I always check the Client's Profile when I find an interesting job.
  • Client: Member since June 2023, posted 22 jobs, $16Kspent, he hired 8 freelancers, Client's recent history 4 jobs, there are no Feedbacks.
  • The freelancers hired by this client have 0 hours billed, and earned up to $5700 each, and it shows “Job in progress”.
  • Then, I tried to check the Freelancer's Profile, to see if they have Feedbacks or other previous jobs.
  • SURPRISE! All the hired freelancers appear as This profile is no longer available”. All the freelancers are not working anymore, their profile was deleted

So, why this client still active? Why is he still posting the same job 10 times in the last 10 hours?  

Thanks!

Sherlock Holmes 😆

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Well, Upwork finally removed the job; maybe because you called it out!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
51fda830
Community Member

and Upwork support will never answer this, because it does not involve spending some connections or paying Upwork😃

On a serious note, all the 4 freelancers haven't put in a single hour of work but the client has been billed as under:
1. 0 hrs @ $200.00/hr
Billed: $4,937.95

2. 0 hrs @ $20.00/hr
Billed: $5,672.95

3.0 hrs @ $40.00/hr
Billed: $1,262.95
All the jobs have been posted in Jul, @ $20 the second job involves more than 280 hours.

I am posting the job link so that it may raise a red flag **Edited for Community Guidelines**
the scammer is playing with the system and nobody really cares ......

debi-f
Community Member

You are right, Upwork will not help us. That's why I insist on posting these problems here.

Some community members criticize me, but at least, in this way, we can help each other.  

tlsanders
Community Member

I don't think anyone is criticizing you for pointing out issues like this. I think it's just the constant spamming of every thread, relevant or not, with your manifesto on not spending money on Upwork that's getting annoying. 

celgins
Community Member

Well, Upwork finally removed the job; maybe because you called it out!

But they aren't really gone. Most of the scammers I have tracked, if they are finally removed, return within 24 hours with the exact same scam.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members