🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why II haven't received a job offer yet
Page options
gameromiguel
Community Member

Why II haven't received a job offer yet

Hello everyone.

I still don't understand why the project posts are not recent. And when I apply I don't get an answer. there are no invitations to my profile either, I worked hard to create a successful profile and it seems unfair that I am not in the first search places

5 REPLIES 5
m_terrazas
Community Member

Miguel G wrote:

Hello everyone.

I still don't understand why the project posts are not recent. And when I apply I don't get an answer. there are no invitations to my profile either, I worked hard to create a successful profile and it seems unfair that I am not in the first search places

I don't understand what you mean by "I still don't understand why the project posts are not recent".

About not having an answer to your proposals, you are just one among many, many, others to whom the same thing happens.
The invitations, I would tell you not to trust in receiving them. Not because your profile is better or worse, but because it is something that is usually scarce. You keep sending proposals.
The position of the profiles in the searches are rotated, so that everyone has the option to appear (my opinion on it does not matter here). With your same or similar profile, earnings, skills and badges there are many freelancers. Everyone may think the same, why don't I appear in the first position? Answer, there is only ONE first position and not all of them fit there.

I have looked at your profile. I don't know anything about your field, so I can't tell you much. But two works whose title ends with "5 star review" and "5 stars and recommendation" have caught my attention.
To tell you the truth, they look a bit bad to look at.
Especially one of them where it looks like you did a lot of work for very little.

Keep sending proposals and forget about them until, if you're lucky, the client contacts you.
Luck!

williamtcooper
Community Member

Miguel,

There are 4 million active freelancers on Upwork and 800,000 active clients. It's difficult to get consistent jobs unless your skills and profile are a standout. 

Where are you getting this 4 million figure? 

Last I heard, Upwork wasn't revealing that number. But, estimates published a few years ago were much, much higher than that, and one recent estimate I saw said there were 3.7 million U.S. freelancers on Upwork.

I've seen estimates of anywhere from 12-18 million registered freelancers, with 3.7 million "active" (not just in the U.S.), but I couldn't find definitive information. I also saw at least two websites saying there were 800,000 client profiles in 2022, but of those, only 145K were "core clients" - defined as those who've spent at least $5,000 lifetime total on the platform - so I'd say that's part of the problem. That's not very much money for millions of freelancers to be fighting over. Again, I don't know how reliable these sources are*, because they didn't say where they were getting these numbers from, but it would certainly explain a lot.

*Full disclosure - I couldn't be arsed to look beyond the first page of Google results. 

Shareholder meetings contain insight, numbers and words from the CEO.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members