🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why am I not getting paid for my milestones a...
Page options
f06c9a11
Community Member

Why am I not getting paid for my milestones and for completion of work?

Hello, 

I joined Upwork in May and I was fortunate to get a contract in the first few days. As I started working, I had to set up my bank account. So everything is done and my client sent a milestone, but I couldn't get it to deposit. Since I was new I thought they were checking things but then a couple of weeks later, I finished the job and handed it in and my client did the release of things on his end, and I expected that yesterday (a Wednesday) that it would have been deposited. It wasn't. My same client gave me a new contract, and released another milestone for the second job!I haven't been paid from the first! What is happening?? I've read every possible instruction there is on getting paid and everything was done right. 

On top of that - where are the people who are supposed to be running the site??? There is no phone number, no live chat, no email contacts -why is there no way to contact someone when something goes wrong with their site? Why is every payment deducted for $7 if they don't have anyone "manning the ship"?

Is there anyone out there that can help me? 

Thanks, 

Meredith 

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Meredith,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community. I checked and can confirm that your payments will be available on 16- June for milestone 1 and 18- June for milestone 2. Please note that on a fixed-price contract, when you submit your work, your client will review and either approve the milestone or ask for changes.

• The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. Approval releases the payment from escrow to you.
  • If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to your account.
  • When the payment is available to your account, you can withdraw it after five days of security period.

To check your pending payments, go to Reports on your menu bar and click Transaction HistoryHere is a help article for more information about Fixed Price Contract. I can also see that you were able to get in contact with our Support Team and raised a couple of support tickets about your concern. Feel free to update your ticket on this page if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members