🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted ...
Page options
rohitwi
Community Member

Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted on my account?

Hi,

Why is my withdrawal is currently restricted on my account? 

Earlier, I had got an email saying "We are sorry to have to take this step, but please note that this matter is a result of an issue with your client’s billing method. As such, please contact your client directly to discuss this matter further."

Why do I need to be affected by my client's billing method? It's your responsibility to solve that issue with my client. How would I know about any billing method issue of my client before taking the project? 

I NEED TO WITHDRAW MY EARNINGS ASAP.

Thanks!

Rohit Kumar

93 REPLIES 93

Have a look over my profile too 

my withdrawal is restricted too

i filed a ticket, after 1 day it shows solved but when i open it there is no message by any of your agent, why upwork has the wost customer support 

khalidk78
Community Member

Hi,

My funds withdrawal are restricted.

I need my funds ASAP because of my financial issues.

Please help me out thank you

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like our team already reached out to you some time ago explaining the situation. Please refer to your support ticket here.

~Andrea
Upwork
038312b6
Community Member

I don't understand why we have to become a victim of unable to withdraw our hard earned cash. We work for our clients, and they make us payments after reviewing our jobs. And when we earn some cash, we are unable to withdraw it. Lol. It's a problem between Upwork's filthy system and the client, not us. Last time, my friend suffered from this situation and i too now feel like, being a member of family with weak economic situations that, What if my hard earned sum is taken back? And Upwork is anyways not gonna protect us, right? 

zero01
Community Member

I got the same problem. Is there anyone who can help me to withraw my payment? 

Hi Avik, 

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I can see that our team has already reached out to you regarding this. Please refer to this ticket and kindly communicate your questions to the team assisting you on the ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Jenne, 

I am also facing the same issue. I did hard work for a complete 1 and half months and in the end, when trying to withdraw money it is saying restricted. Looks like my client's payment method has also some issues. Can you please help me in this regard.

Kind Regards

Surender K.

Hi Surender,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

It is very sad to see that newcomers on upwork are scammed by fake accounts here. I am one of those victims now 😞

I have been frauded by a fake account for $890 which is a very huge amount for me. That account holder first took the files done by me and paid for it. Later he/she has riased refund for no reason. I was ideal for some days and couldn't reply to the Upwork's message regarding the refund raised. 

Unfortunately, Upwork has released the refund and it was deducted from my available balance of $522.34 and will deduct the remaining amount when it is available. 

Later Upwork itself found that account specious and hopefully that account is suspended now. I request the Upwork support to please help me get that hard earned money back to may account. 

Kind Regards
Surender

Hi Surender,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already shared additional information with you on your ticket. If you need any further assistance or have any additional questions please feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola,

Thanks for helping me to reach that ticket page. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, I was ideal for some days and the refund request was approved. I am not able to reply to that ticket as it is already marked solved without my reply. 

Kind Regards

Any updates?

You will never get it back. Sorry.

I believe that Upwrok has strong policies to fight against spammers. I am just hoping to get my hard-earned money back. 

2463d678
Community Member

Hi, I'm having similar issue. When I  tried withdrawing to my paypal account, I got an error saying "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support."

Please help.

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
aprilquibido
Community Member

I'm having the same problem: Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support.

Does anyone have an idea of how many days this will take? Freelancers have bills to pay. 😞

I'm having the same issue. May I ask how many days this would take? 😞

Hi April,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
engr-mansoor
Community Member

Hi

I am getting this message when I click on get paid. "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support." What is the reason behind this, please solve this issue.

Hi Mansoor,

I've checked this with the team and they'll be reviewing your account and reaching out directly via support ticket by Monday afternoon Pacific Time.

~Andrea
Upwork
rahul007ks
Community Member

Hi I am also facing same issue. Four five weeks before I got the mail from upwork member regarding one of my client runoff the upwork and directly to their bank to reverse the amount. I shared all the relevant evidence regarding work I finished. But now I am able to withdraw my amount. I do not what is the issue. I need the withdrawal asap. Help me upwork. We are providing the services for money.

Hi Rahul,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for review and one of the team members will be in touch via a support ticket. Don't hesitate to communicate through this page or your email if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2f4d02ee
Community Member

Same issue with withdraw restricted please slove this issue ASAP

Hi Fatima,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
designgallery85
Community Member

Hi, my same problem  "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support." what do I do now?

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out. It looks like our team has notified you about the issue of the restriction on withdrawing funds from your account. One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d71f5bab
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue at that time but they are replying all copy and pasted answers like contact your client and all ? How could I do that please solve my issue @upwork. Please I need to withdraw my payment 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muqadas, 

I'm sorry, but we will not be able to assist you here as another team is handling this concern, and it looks like the team reached out to you through this support ticket with more information regarding your problem. The team will assist you through your open ticket once they get your ticket in their queue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cabatana-john_re
Community Member

Hi my account saying "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account"
can you help me with this? someone sent a bonus for me and he want a refund a month ago and i did not reply with client coz i didnot notice he sent a refund request. after a month i notice my account is being restricted. 

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bdd45f86
Community Member

I had similar issue. Has yours been treated? 

Hi Funmi,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Screenshot_20221116-111024.png

 Thats the error I got from Upwork.

Kindly check the file. You account has been restricted for withdrawal 

cabatana-john_re
Community Member

Hello i am having same issue please help

Hi John Rech,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
90b89eb0
Community Member

I'm having the same problem, but there's no support yet 😭

Hi Muhammad Wafa,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
90b89eb0
Community Member

yes but there has been no response whatsoever to my ticket.
i need my money urgently. What happen

69b835e8
Community Member

Hello Please I am also experincing the same issues "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support." I have created two tickets but no response.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members