🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will refunding money in escrow affect my JSS?
Page options
danielmbcn
Community Member

Will refunding money in escrow affect my JSS?

My contract ended automatically because of inactivity and the client didn't take any action. However, there was a milestone with some money in escrow. The milestone is completed, but I don't really want the money of this person.

Now there is an automatic request from the client to refund his money (which I didn't receive it yet, but it's just in escrow for that milestone). I'm fine with it, however, will accepting this request affect my JSS? 

Moreover, I didn't make any money with this contract, so if I accept the refund request, I will have earned 0$ in total.

What are my options to keep my JSS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

The refund does not affect the JSS, but the feedback the client leaves affects the JSS.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
spectralua
Community Member

It wont affect. Accept and forgot.

Ok, thanks.

sofia2008
Community Member

The refund does not affect the JSS, but the feedback the client leaves affects the JSS.

But I heard that a contract with 0$ earned doesn't carry any weight to the JSS calculation. Does it?

We do not know how much, but it has an impact. Positive feedback does not impact, but negative feedback does have impact.

Is count for sure. Private. It is affect, it is non-removable, it is non-editable.

But noone will leave private feedbacks for 0 contract if many days passed and escrow refunded. 

Mykola A wrote:

But noone will leave private feedbacks for 0 contract if many days passed and escrow refunded. 

Source?

Common sense. If you forgot about work and you don’t need it anymore, everything is refunded, then why? Of course if you have a lot of free time then you can. But what's the point? 🙂

williamtcooper
Community Member

Daniel,

It's the Private Feedback from the client to Upwork that will affect your JSS in this case. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members