🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdraw Fee Invoices
Page options
jongordon_ca
Community Member

Withdraw Fee Invoices

Why are there no invoices for withdraw fees that upwork charges me? I can't claim these fees on taxes without invoices.

Can someone tell me how to get these?

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jon,

When you`re withdrawing funds 2 invoices will be created. One for the withdrawal and another one for the fee name Withdrawal Fee. You can view this by going to Reports > Transaction. If you were referring to something else, please share more details with me. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

When you`re withdrawing funds 2 invoices will be created? One for the withdrawal and another one for the fee name Withdrawal Fee.

There are invoices for the service fees. No invoices for withdrawal fees or for the withdrawal (Why would there be an invoice for a withdrawal? That would double invoice stuff because there are already invoices for the amount earned)

There are "transactions" in the transaction report for withdrawals and withdrawal fees. Those do NOT have invoices attached to them as of now.

Every time my money is deposited into my bank account (I have it set to do it automaticallly) there is a

"Withdrawal Fee - Direct to Local Bank Transfer" of $0.99.

There is no invoice generated for this "Withdrawal Fee" (at least that I can find) and the fee doesn't show up anywhere on any other invoices.

If upwork is charging me a fee... i need an invoice so I can claim the fee as an expense on my taxes.

Thank you for correcting me Petra, and I`m sorry about the confusion Jon. I misunderstood a part of the question.

I would also like to confirm that the information Petra shared in her post, is correct.
Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our product managers.

~ Goran
Upwork

Jon G wrote:

Every time my money is deposited into my bank account (I have it set to do it automaticallly) there is a

"Withdrawal Fee - Direct to Local Bank Transfer" of $0.99.

There is no invoice generated for this "Withdrawal Fee" (at least that I can find) and the fee doesn't show up anywhere on any other invoices.

If upwork is charging me a fee... i need an invoice so I can claim the fee as an expense on my taxes.

That sounds like a transaction fee levied by the bank. I have my funds deposited directly in my local bank and have never incurred such a fee.

Phyllis G wrote:

That sounds like a transaction fee levied by the bank. I have my funds deposited directly in my local bank and have never incurred such a fee.

You're in the USA. Withdrawals to US bank accounts are free.

Us foreigners pay a transaction fee of $ 0.99 or $ 2 to Upwork.

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

You're in the USA. Withdrawals to US bank accounts are free.

Us foreigners pay a transaction fee of $ 0.99 or $ 2 to Upwork.

That's sad! 

it very well may be a bank fee charged to upwork from my bank... but regardless.... upwork is charging me for it... it comes out of my balance on upwork. 

It's an upwork fee... there should be an invoice if I am expected to pay it. 

Right?

EDIT

Sorry Phyllis forgot to mention im located in Canada

Jon G wrote:

it very well may be a bank fee charged to upwork from my bank... but regardless.... upwork is charging me for it... it comes out of my balance on upwork. 

It's an upwork fee... there should be an invoice if I am expected to pay it. 

Right?

EDIT

Sorry Phyllis forgot to mention im located in Canada

Why don't you print out the statement that shows the deduction of this fee and use it as documentation, would that not suffice? The same way you document any bank fees that you pay, the bank does not send you an invoice for those. Or just report your net income as documented by your bank receipts. 

Hello Goran,

Same here.

Can not generate the withdrawl invoice.

Relesaing it on may 23rd I am yet to receive the money(Upwork confirmed its processed). Once contacted with bank thay are asking if I got any invoices.

If you could find me a solution for this please.

Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Awal,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members