🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal Is Taking Longer Than Usual
Page options
9a105d48
Community Member

Withdrawal Is Taking Longer Than Usual

I processed a withdrawal yesterday's afternoon and I haven't gotten it in my bank account yet. Is it the weekend that's causing the delay? My withdrawals are usually processed in less than 24 hours. 

11 REPLIES 11
LuiggiR

Hi Ayomide,

I checked your account and can confirm that your withdrawal is still in progress. Note that ACH withdrawals take two to five business days to arrive. Processing and clearing times vary widely from bank to bank, and bank holidays can also delay your funds. In the meantime, please read this help article for more information about ACH Timing and Fees.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Same here, submitted mine on the 18th of may and still nothing. So it's been a whole work week.

Luiggi, can you please be so kind and check mine as well 😇

I'm not sure where to do it in support. 

Hi Marko,

My name is Joanne, and I'm here to assist you on Luiggi's behalf. I can confirm that the transaction date you mentioned was successfully processed. Please check with your bank to confirm. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for the reply Joanne, 
I'll check with my bank first thing in the morning and give you an update. 

Hi again Joanne. 

I was at the bank and apparently, the funds have arrived on their side, however they're on hold because a piece of information is missing on your side. 

Mainly it's regarding the information about the bank of the payee (Upwork). So basically they have your title (Upwork) and your adress (Santa Clara...) but there's no banking info.

This means it's treated as suspicious funds and they're on hold. 

So basically you (or your bank, not sure) have to send this missing piece of info to my bank. 

Please advise how to proceed with this. 

P.S. This is a first for me, since I've never had this problem in almost 5 years I think, and not sure why I'm having it right now to be honest, not that bank saavy 🙂 . Has anything changed in the way you do your payments?

Hi Marko,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9a105d48
Community Member

Hey LuggiR, 

I will love an update on the processing. 

c7e9c300
Community Member

Well, i guess its because of the weekend. Just hang in there, wait till the end of Monday and see what happens. Have a great one

andriyofarts
Community Member

They also changed email text when you request withdrawal.

6 days ago it was like this:

Hi Andriy,
You requested payment of $XX.XX from Upwork via Payoneer MasterCard.
Contact Upwork Support if this request was not authorized.
Thanks,
The Upwork Team

And today it was different:

Hi Andriy,
You requested payment of $XX.XX from Upwork to your Payoneer MasterCard.
After withdrawal, the time it takes for funds to arrive varies from about 2 to 7 business days, depending on your location and withdrawal method.
Have questions? Check out our help article for more information.
Thanks,
The Upwork Team

Was worried that this would result in longer processing, but luckily it was almost instant as usual.

9a105d48
Community Member

Hey LuggiR, 

Is the withdrawal still processing? It has been two business days and it typically doesn't take this long

Hi Ayomide,

I'm sorry you haven't received your funds yet. As I mentioned in my original reply, ACH withdrawals can take up to five business days to arrive; yesterday was also Memorial Day, which is considered a Bank Holiday in the U.S. If you do not receive your funds after five business days, please let us know so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members