Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Multiple Freelancers as An Agency in a Single Project

nezihtinas
Nezih T Member Since: Sep 5, 2016
1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I talked to the support team and read some posts here but I am totally confused about an issue. 

As an agency, I have a designer, front end developer, backend developer and a project manager. My client has a web application project. and I want to work as a team on the project.

When I apply to the project, I can only apply with a single person in my team, I can not apply with more than one people. Since the project type is an hourly project, this means that only the person that I made my offer with, will be able to log time into the project. 

I do not know the employer part of it, so I can not help my employer on how to solve this issue. What we want to make is that, we want to work as a team in a single project, the team members I assign to the project will be able to see the project on the Upwork desktop app and they will be able to track time into that single project. 

First of all, is this possible? Secondly, what are the actions to take as an employer and as an agency to accomplish this?

Thank you very much...

joaodealmeida
Ace Contributor
Joao A Member Since: Feb 2, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Your client needs to individually hire all your employees that are going to participate in the project. Each one of them needs to use UpWork's app while working in the project.

View solution in original post

fde6ede7
Jorge S Member Since: Jul 10, 2017
3 of 6

This is not a good solution. Upwork needs to give agencies the feature to assign multiple freelancers to a single project/contract. This is an urgently required feature to expand agency growth in Upwork. As it stands now, this limits agencies' ability to expand in Upwork. It sure does limit mine.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Jorge S wrote:

This is an urgently required feature to expand agency growth in Upwork. As it stands now, this limits agencies' ability to expand in Upwork. It sure does limit mine.

What makes you think expanding agency growth is a business goal?

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
5 of 6

You can offer the client a fixed price contract with milestones. Explain clearly that you will be outsourcing portions of the work and that you will be the lead project manager ensuring that the work is completed appropriately. Of course, if you use a fixed price system, you and your freelancers will not be protected by the hourly protection program. And, individual contractors won't be able to track their time using the Upwork app. Someone would have to hire them individually to make that possible. But, in a regular agency, the agency would take that same risk. You enter into a contract for the deliverables and then make sure they get delivered. 

empirical_edge
Dipal P Member Since: Jul 9, 2021
6 of 6

That is not good solution and slow down process to get work done for client.

Client gave work to Agency and they expect to get it done and get it done right ASAP they don't care most of time who is from Agency working on project to get it done. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS