🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wrong exchange rate?
Page options
ilyatkachev
Community Member

Wrong exchange rate?

Hi there. I have problem with one transaction. I sent $700 from my account to local bank but I  got only 795 rubles (should be about 50000). it's really big difference. How is that? Anyone had the same problem?

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Ilya,

The difference in exchange rates is not something Upwork can control. When a bank converts a transaction, they will mark up the interbank rate to buy or sell a currency. Online calculators will not take into consideration the mark up that is applied. Since rates constantly change throughout any given day, the rate you received is the rate offered by our bank at the time your specific transaction was processed.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne, surely you are not suggesting that the difference in exchange rates was so extreme that OP received only 1.6% of the amount he was expecting?

Tiffany S wrote:

Joanne, surely you are not suggesting that the difference in exchange rates was so extreme that OP received only 1.6% of the amount he was expecting?

This is what happens when a question is not read or understood before grabbing a canned response and throwing it at the post.

I'll flag the post so maybe someone can take a minute to actually look into the problem.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ilya, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I'll go ahead and look into this, and I'll get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ilya, 

I'm coming back here to let you know that the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. This will be further escalated to the appropriate team to be investigated further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

UPD After 3 weeks I finally got my money. Thanks everyone who helped me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members