🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Muhammad Nadeem,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vipinraghavan
Community Member

I was trying to buy some Connects on the other day. But the page keeps saying 'Payment failed. try other methods..'. The card details with me is the correct one, and the bank has no restrictions too (I asked them). Can you help me ?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Vipin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
muhammadawais111
Community Member

Hi,

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add visa card as billing method. I saw following error :

We are unable to authorize your card.Please use another method or contact your issuing bank.

I contacted with my bank and use same card on other websites. My bank resolved my issue.

Firstly, upwork transact money from bank but did not gave any connect , then they return money to my bank. Now I am trying to buy connects but upwork says use another payment method.

Now upwork also says we are unable to authorize your card.Please use another method or contact your issuing bank.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy connects to do work.

Thanks,

Regards,

Muhammad Awais

Hi Muhammad,

I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mac_1985
Community Member

Hello Support Team,

My self Mohan.

I have added credit card details in payment method to add connects to my profile.

While I am adding the card it display Payment was declined.

Please Help.

Thank You

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ankitstudy88
Community Member

I am trying to add connect.But it's showing "charge failed" in both method paypal and debit card.

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tiruvakp
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to buy more connects. But It's showing error "Unable to process the request with the payment method. Please try with alternate payment method".

I have tried with alternate payment method, Still I'm getting the same error. Please help me to resolve this issue. 

Thanks.

Hi Pavan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Has your card expired?

sachin-dogra
Community Member

Hello,

I want to purchase connects, but it gives error message Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

I have added my all cards but it does not working. I have also added my paypal account. but it not purchasing the connects.

Please help me regading purchasing the connects.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
atulshandilya78
Community Member

I am New to upwork. Whenever I want to purchase new connects. I got

a error message. What should I do? 

Hi Atul,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Sir I am new to upwork platform. I have been joined upwork since last month. In this month I have not got my free connects. Will I get my free connects or not?

You need to purchase connects now. It changed about six months ago. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Use-Connects

Atul S wrote:
Sir I am new to upwork platform. I have been joined upwork since last month. In this month I have not got my free connects. Will I get my free connects or not?

Free connects went away months ago and you created your account in October not last month so you have never had free connects. 

praveenabd1
Community Member

Hi,

I have tried to add payment method but card not accepted

Your card has been declined by your card issuer as an invalid transaction. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I think your account is closed to abroad transactions. You can get further information, as mentioned, by contacting the call center of your bank.
gustavo-reimers
Community Member

Hi, Upwork community. I had issue to buy connections. I added mastercard as billing method and buy connections once before. When I try to buy connections again yesterday, it was failed because payment was declined. I tried on other browsers as well but it also failed. I need to buy connections and submit proposals so please help me with this issue urgently. Thanks

Hi Gustavo,

~ Goran
Upwork
atulshandilya78
Community Member

Hello Sir I am new to upwork. I want to purchase conects through my local account as a primary payment method but I couldn't. It shows an error method.i went to my bank but it returns me no result. Please tell me what should I do? 

Hi Atul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
atulshandilya78
Community Member

I am new to upwork. Whenever I want to purchase new connects through my debit card it shows an error message. What should I do?

Hi Atul,

I checked your account and I can see that our team has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you further. Please follow the instructions on your ticket and feel free to post your questions directly there, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
muhammadawais111
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to add billing method to buy connects but upwork shows a statement that

"We are unable to authorized your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

I contacted with my bank , they resolve my issue and everything is ok but still upwork says that we are unable to authorized your card.

Please help me.

Thanks!

Regards,

Muhammad Awais

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dropeayo
Community Member

I used this mastercard last month to buy connects on upwork and It worked perfectly well, I used it up to five times last year and it worked.
I had an issue with my bank recently and I couldn't debit so I mistakenly used the mastercard to pay for connect then and it did not work sO I know it can't buy connects now, the issue has been rectified by my bank and the mastercard no longer works for upwork but it works for other international platforms

Did you guys blacklist my atm or what, If you did please revert it because getting a new mastercard in my country will look like a crime.

I want to buy more connects now and I can't and Upwork support ate far from helpful
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kariola,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dropeayo
Community Member

i already opened one ticket and I did what they told me to do, all to no avail.

If this is not resolved then I think it might be time for me to move on from upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kariola, 

I checked your transactions and can see that your card declined the charges from Upwork. Could you please confirm if you have also checked this with your issuing bank to see if there are any issues with the card you were using? 

In the meantime, I have also followed up with the team handling your case so that you can be assisted further through your open ticket. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

~ Avery
Upwork
dropeayo
Community Member

I got thesame error "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" when I tried again

One thing I noticed is that My email address and name was saved even when I tried using other device and browser.

The issue should not be from my bank, I used it for an international transaction few minutes before trying it on upwork.

I haven't use it to buy connect because I need to add it to my billing method first before buying any connect.

I don't understand what you meant by my card declining charges, Am I being charged for adding my card to billing method?

Hi Kariola,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. When you`re adding a billing method you will be charged with two small charges to verify your card. Once your verification is completed, the charges are refunded back to your account.

~ Goran
Upwork
6c7e7e6f
Community Member

I have currently experiencing problem in buying connects. As per the bank. The upwork doesn't provide cvv #.

Can someone help? Thanks!

Hi Juan,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you! It started last night and there were a lot of opportunities I failed to apply because of this. I hope this can be fixed ASAP.

Thank you again!

designernic
Community Member

I'm an Indian trying to be a freelancer over here. I have a question regarding the bank account that is necessary for billing method or deposit method. Is a savings account enough or do you need a current account? Are certain Indian banks not allowed?

Hi Nishanth,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with adding a billing method.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members